UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Cusco front lower brace

Old 05-11-2004, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar to the Spoon X brace but doesn't interfere with oil changes and most definitely doesn't rust like the Spoon unit.

Will have this baby on my S in a few weeks. Still debating whether to get the 3 piece chasiss brace too.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:57 AM

How much, where from and what does it do?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:00 AM

Haven't got a confirmed price - but makes the front end stiffer which makes turn in sharper.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:04 AM

More info from thongfoto:

"Let me start by saying I'm probably the most skeptical person on this forum.

In the past, I've bought products that some members have worshiped and found them disappointing and have resented those posters for giving what I felt to be disingenuous reviews in an attempt to justify their purchase or help out a vendor-buddy.

Needless to say, I've come to take most endorsements w/ more than a grain of salt and a huge dose of skepticism.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that 1 product more than lives up to its hype- the Cusco Front Lower Brace.

I'd been in the market for an X-brace for a while and was ready to order Rick's Billet brace until a friend in Japan told me of Cusco's products. He told me this company is reasonably priced and is well regarded for suspension modifications. 3 days later, I stumbled across Shinji's GB and figured for $160 shipped it wouldn't be a big loss if it didn't work.

When I unpacked the box, I thought what the heck is this cheezy looking thing? It came in a plastic packaging w/ a coat hanger hook. The pretty anodized blue made me even more skeptical of its functionality as manufacturers typically bling things to compensate for performance deficiencies. Who would be stupid enough to colorize something that no one but a Jiffy-Lube mechanic would ever see?

I was even more disappointed that it only weighed as much as a hard-bound book novel. I imagined this flimsy "horseshoe" thing would flex like mad under my brutal driving style until I noticed its thick 1/4" tig welds. I pressed the handles together w/ all my might and was amazed that it didn't budge at all.

I mounted it (10min install) and headed to my favorite test course. On my way, I noticed that the road imperfections that were normally felt all but disappeared. I'd previously have avoided road cracks and found myself purposefully driving over them w/ a huge smile. I was stunned by how much better the car handled and how this little thing could improve what was already a super tight chassis. And it soaks road imperfections on top of that? WOW!

When I got to my course, I deliberately jerked the steering wheel HARD left and right, right and left yet the car tracked as if on rails. I took it around a hairpin turn and punched the throttle to 40mph and barely got the tail to slide on me. Previously, throttle oversteer would be induced w/ ease at this hairpin but this brace now caused my Nitto Extreme tires to stick like magnets.

This Cusco brace has easily become my favorite performance mod and for a mere 160 bucks. Unreal!"
Old 05-11-2004, 08:11 AM

I've got one - and its great, would recommend oit to anyone - also got the tower brace which unlike many others is sprung ( ie its fitted under compression) so in combination really does work well.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:14 AM

So... Is there some sort of group buy going on then?

No stoppit Fletch. you can't possibly want more stuff for that car?

Yeah, but, this will improve that handling and, and, and, it's blue.

You are such a tart man

And your point is?

I'm torn.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:18 AM

Do it ..................... the rear brace is even better though - never seen its carbon - drool
Old 05-11-2004, 08:29 AM

Need to fix my keyboard problem again - note to self - a swift smack in the earhole generally fixes the problem
Old 05-11-2004, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by Fletch
So... Is there some sort of group buy going on then?

No stoppit Fletch. you can't possibly want more stuff for that car?

Yeah, but, this will improve that handling and, and, and, it's blue.

You are such a tart man

And your point is?

I'm torn.
mmmmmmmm.... Stuff!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:24 AM

More information required AB.

Quick Reply: Cusco front lower brace