UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

CTL

Old 12-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Dec 29 2009, 03:55 PM
I'd give CTL a chance before flaming them just yet - give it a couple of days and report back. I suspect it's a time of year thing though.

Either way, the BACS thing isn't ideal and it's down to individuals if they want to take a risk. S2Ki trader or not, companies can and do go bust at will and you have to cover your buttocks!

Regarding delivery, I know a lot of stuff went bad over Christmas due to weather etc, but CTL should have kept people well informed. I will have a chat with Ian about it as they might need a little word.

Keep us posted.
S2Ki trader implies what exactly?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:02 AM
MIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shopman,Dec 29 2009, 07:57 AM
From Corsa forum: Yes, it seems his name is Yates.

Re: Aaron Yates

"As other thread i founded City Styling however then sold it and become sales manager for them.

I then left them and started a new company with my family i.e City Tuning"

Also from the corsa forum:

CTL

Does not look good I'm afraid.
Crap...
Old 12-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is not the first time concerns have been raised on these forums about this particular trader. I have nothing against CTL but I am concerned for the people on this site who have given their hard earned to someone who is turning out to be an increasingly unreliable person to do business with.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 AM

Just seen this thread.. and you've got me really worried for my cash now.. <slaps himself for paying BACS>

I'm hoping it's just the time of year.. Other goods have been delivered to other members (deadeyejim).. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=740904

will wait patiently for a bit..
Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 AM

I almost ordered a Q300 from CTL, but the lack of creditcard payments stopped me!

Hope you guys get it sorted and its all just because of the time of year.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:12 AM

I will knock his door tomorrow if you want me to .
Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Banned

Unfortunately....

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM

I've spoken with another Jersey member who has got a decat from them but CTL stated they would not ship to Jersey when I last enquired (about 2 or 3 weeks ago).

If it was a scam then I doubt they would not scam me purely because of some delivery complication/charges that would not actually exist :/
Old 12-29-2009, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motogp1,Dec 29 2009, 03:03 PM
Ok i've been and looked and now more confused.

There is a block of 6 small units 4 and 5 have no number or company sign outside

Unit 3 is a taxi rank so i went in and asked them to confirm the address which thay did.
When i mentioned unit 4 had no number or sign outside they told me thay had only just moved in and were closed until monday i told them i was interested in buying from them and they had been recommended, they then informed the the previous occupier was the trader dealing in exhaust/parts ect and they had moved to a bigger unit but thay did no know the new address.
Thay have taken my number and said they will call me when they get his new address.

It could be genuine hence why you are having trouble getting hold of them.

Now this is where i got confused , i said unit 4 and 5 have no number unit 6 has and the sign is for mat lewis auto parts who i and many other on here have used for castrol oil, but if you search for them on the web there address is unit 4 the same as CTL
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&cli...tL4-OjAf1-KGCDQ

Sorry i could not get a definite answer on this, i will keep you informed if the taxi company contact me , if i were you i would call matt lewis on monday as he may be able to help more.
The number for Matt Lewis Autoparts is 'not recognised' and they have nothing for sale on ebay at the moment.

Their address is the same as CTL as posted above.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 AM
MIP

So they're decidedly dodgy, have actually sold parts before, and arn't contactable at the moment.

Yea, if it's no bother motogp1, would be good to see if we can make contact with the guy. I've no other idea's short of just waiting, or contacting the police.

Quick Reply: CTL