UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

CTL

Old 12-29-2009, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i've been and looked and now more confused.

There is a block of 6 small units 4 and 5 have no number or company sign outside

Unit 3 is a taxi rank so i went in and asked them to confirm the address which thay did.
When i mentioned unit 4 had no number or sign outside they told me thay had only just moved in and were closed until monday i told them i was interested in buying from them and they had been recommended, they then informed the the previous occupier was the trader dealing in exhaust/parts ect and they had moved to a bigger unit but thay did no know the new address.
Thay have taken my number and said they will call me when they get his new address.

It could be genuine hence why you are having trouble getting hold of them.

Now this is where i got confused , i said unit 4 and 5 have no number unit 6 has and the sign is for mat lewis auto parts who i and many other on here have used for castrol oil, but if you search for them on the web there address is unit 4 the same as CTL
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&cli...tL4-OjAf1-KGCDQ

Sorry i could not get a definite answer on this, i will keep you informed if the taxi company contact me , if i were you i would call matt lewis on monday as he may be able to help more.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That WHOIS above seems to list his home address:

14/07/2006 £365,000 Det. F No Map
11, Ogley Vale, Burntwood, Staffordshire, WS7 9DL

Last sold on 14/7/2006 so he could still live there although the number given seems to be disconnected.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:13 AM

I know that address i've just drove past it to get to the units.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Xd

Oh dear, I really have my fingers crossed for you guys, this gives us traders a bad name
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 AM
MIP

Lots of thanks for the efforts of team s2ki (especially motogp1 for going down there), at least we've got a bit more information now.

Bit odd that he's called Aaron Lee on the CTL site, but Aaron Yates is the contact on the web registrar.

So CTL may have just moved out of that address? I'm not entirely sure what to do now, wait to contact matt lewis, or just collate the info and contact the police. Your thoughts shopman?
Old 12-29-2009, 06:37 AM

If it was me I think I'd be getting someone round to that residential address just to knock on and enquire if only for peace of mind.

CTL last posted on 23rd from what I can see so only 6 days out of contact and it's a funny time of year (Although easy for me to say as I'm not waiting for £700's worth of stuff...)

Best of luck to you chaps but I'm sure it's just a time of year thing.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing for CTL Performance Ltd or City Tuning (as per the email address) on the Companies House website which would indicate that they may have another trading name if they are a limited company or he is a sole trader.

I sincerely hope that this a storm in a teacup. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd give CTL a chance before flaming them just yet - give it a couple of days and report back. I suspect it's a time of year thing though.

Either way, the BACS thing isn't ideal and it's down to individuals if they want to take a risk. S2Ki trader or not, companies can and do go bust at will and you have to cover your buttocks!

Regarding delivery, I know a lot of stuff went bad over Christmas due to weather etc, but CTL should have kept people well informed. I will have a chat with Ian about it as they might need a little word.

Keep us posted.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 AM

From Corsa forum: Yes, it seems his name is Yates.

Re: Aaron Yates

"As other thread i founded City Styling however then sold it and become sales manager for them.

I then left them and started a new company with my family i.e City Tuning"

Also from the corsa forum:

CTL

Does not look good I'm afraid.

Looks like he trawls around the forums looking for mugs and that's how I feel at the moment.

If it's as I suspect this is a possible case of fraud.
All premeditated with no order ever submitted for the exhausts.

Probably cannot take credit cards because he doesn't have a PDQ terminal?

Police next step I guess.

Don't these forums have a forum where they can share info about people like this?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 AM
MIP

I hope it's some big mis-understanding, and complete communication failure rather than anything more sinister. A few worrying signs though. If anyone in the area wants to knock on his door at some point, I'd be much obliged.

Quick Reply: CTL