UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Crashed SK2 this evening

Old 07-25-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled out of a turning onto a bit of road that goes up onto a long sweeper, and it had a gradual incline I pulled away in first and short shifted into second just as the dial hits 5800 with 80% throttle the rear wheels lit up and the car drifted sideways I gentley backed of with a tiny bit of opposite lock and the car settled down, the corner is so sweepy you could hardly call it a corner, and althought it had rained it was only spitting,

for anybody that knows the road it is in a place called Theydon Bois, between Epping and Abridge in Essex

I put it down to a greasy road surface but it still shocked me, if you hit VTec at all even for a slight moment it could have unbalanced the car, in the wet and the old LSD can confuse matters, my only gripe with the car is the same gripe I had with my CTR and that is the steering somtimes lacks feel,

But most importantly nobody was hurt metal can be replaced a life can't be!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 AM

In my book 80% throttle is a lot in the wet
Old 07-25-2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Colin Andrews,Jul 25 2005, 01:41 PM
Bit early in the year for this sort of thing - glad you're OK
Old 07-29-2005, 06:24 AM

Yippee its been fixed....the insurance company are paying out out

The damage was 7.5K as the rear sub-frame was bent

I have a couple of car park dints in the passenger door the chap at the garage reckons he can respray the panel and get the dints out for
Old 07-29-2005, 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=dave99,Jul 29 2005, 02:24 PM] Going to see her tomorrow when I pick up the hire car, I
Old 07-29-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dws2000,Jul 25 2005, 07:05 PM
In my book 80% throttle is a lot in the wet
It is in 2nd before the car has stabilised straight! The car could get lairy or something!

In 3/4 it's normally fine, unless in VTEC. Feathering is a good idea.

Depends on the road surface.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:23 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Will it be Cat D then?

MB
Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Where did you get the work done? Would it be Johnsons of Kidlington?
Old 07-30-2005, 12:03 AM

hey good to hear you getting your car sorted and no one is injuried, I did the same thing in mine however i wasnt soo lucky had my car wrriten off.

54 Indy Yellow, according to engineer it need a new shell and he couldnt get one to this country for 5-6 months and had to write the car off.

Only just got my insurance cheque after 6 weeks. You really lucky that your insurance is soo quick... took the engineer a week before he had time too see mine,....

Hav fun and becarful especially in wet.

MBL
Old 07-30-2005, 12:03 AM

Hi Guys!

Just the same happened to me last night!

It was very late in he night, and it was hot and very humid! With a lot unsuspecting dew settling on the road.

As I just came off the corner into a 5 lane straight! Suddenly the car just swerved into the barrier! Just like that!

I have no idea what happened! I think as it was just a few meters from a petrol station, and I think there must be some oil mixed with dew!

Luckily I was alone on the road! And the damage is the front and rear bumber, and the rear wheel seemed that took the brunt and its a bit misaligned. but nothing broken. The body is not damaged!

In fact I drove home with it slowly!

This morning I am assessing the damage. And I need two bumbers, a headlamp unit as it seems it moved from its place, so there might be some bracket broken !

And need to change the rear wheel knuckle as its a bit misaligned.

I consider myself lucky as it could have been far worse! Even worse if there were traffic on the road.

I have no idea what happened, and had no time to react whatsoever, not even shout! One second I am on the road! The other I am facing the opposite direction parked by the pavement.

Please Guys, do not take this car for GRANTED, or it could not happen to me attitude! This can happen!

I cannot still believe this happened! Luckily I drove home with it, and the damage does not seems is big!

Please take care!

Quick Reply: Crashed SK2 this evening