UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

couple of questions...

Old 07-18-2005, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine in the RAF has been stationed out in Holland for the last couple of years, his car was insured by a UK company, under a special forces deal. I'm sure you would be able to get similar from the States??
Old 07-18-2005, 06:24 AM

How long are you going to be staying in the UK? As you only need to register the car here if you're staying longer than a year I think.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's another site that insures "American" cars.

http://www.graham-sykes.co.uk/
Old 07-18-2005, 06:30 AM

Automobile Insurance:
If you are going to or returning from overseas and intend to drive a car while assigned at your new duty station, you should obtain a letter of reference from your current automobile insurance company before departing PCS. This letter will help you to get automobile insurance upon arrival at your new duty station.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:04 AM

Isn't this site good! Helping out a visitor to our shores
Old 07-18-2005, 11:11 AM

lol you guys rock, but i dont have the time right now to look at it all, maybe later tonight

dumb me finnaly found the place to sign my house papers, i put rd instead of court on the map directions and went to the wrong place grrrr
then almost couldnt find it and it was near closing thank god we got the keys and paid for the new house...

went to it.. but alas i had the wrong street number the whole time.. ekkk
i alreayd ordered a desk thats coming tom to the house across the street and my movers are coming too
no biggie i left a note telling them my situation

oh well i can buy gas on base and get gas cards to get it downtown, basically i pay american prices and get vouchers
but on the way home since we got so lost prior in the day i was low on gas and got 10litres for 8.90 pounds ek thats like 16 american for nearly half a tank.. pffttt

heres the deal i have a bad record from the past, its been good for 1.5 years or so now but i still have lke 6 tixs on it
so usaa , gieco and aig wont insure me becuase the uk has a strict policy they said

so i cant really use the good driver thing.. they would insure me in the states but not here... which kills me

i have to drive my S damnitttt... i will keep trying guys
fairford is a small base and most of the people here are older then me, most dont have sports cars like us and they do drive uk cars mostly
some brought cars but they are older people with less sporty cars

theres a black s2k on base though.. grrrr
Old 07-18-2005, 11:15 AM

oh and we never have air traffic at fairford besides the airshow and unless someone needs to use our runway which is like never... but racing down it, good luck
you would prob get shot
Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by evan2,Jul 18 2005, 08:15 PM
oh and we never have air traffic at fairford besides the airshow and unless someone needs to use our runway which is like never... but racing down it, good luck
you would prob get shot
Unless you happened to know someone on-base
Old 07-18-2005, 12:00 PM

Well we did have a bunch of people wanting to do the Jezza versus the army test
Old 07-18-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evan2,Jul 17 2005, 11:03 AM

oh and ill be in bristol soon enough, to go to the ikea
I'd steer clear of Ikea at the weekend if I were you. The stores not too bad (as long as you enjoy being forced around as if you're on a conveyor belt), but the checkouts are usually a complete shambles. Habitat (on Whiteladies Rd/Queens Rd) is a good shout, but the parking is absolutely atrocious (ie, there isn't any). Whatever you decide, try midweek if you can & good luck. I have an agreement with my girlfriend, basically she won't ask me to go shopping at the weekend, and in return......I pay!

I don't 'do' queue's

Quick Reply: couple of questions...