UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

couple of questions...

Old 07-16-2005, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just insured with Adrian Flux, and they've saved me around
Old 07-16-2005, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by evan2,Jul 16 2005, 09:54 PM
mil doesnt help for shit with insurance.
new custom plates have to conform to a certain format , old plates are as they come, you cannot choose a sequence of nos. and letters yourself
Old 07-17-2005, 02:09 AM

oh well then its not really custom, i was goign to to get evan2 or stwok or something
well its ok.. one day when i go back to the states i can get something custom because its far cheaper and some not all states only need a back plate whichis why i liked florida

everyone is so nice in this forum, i must say i really like it.. all the american forums i was on was up and down with niceness
now dont be dissing no americans ahhah.. im still one

but i might join the uk club, not just for cheap insurance but if it saves 15 percent and i get other benefits i might just do that
i did an online quote to see what it would be, i said i was a club member but i might jus call on monday and compare andwhat not
Old 07-17-2005, 10:57 AM

It's definitely worth doing, Evan
Old 07-17-2005, 11:03 AM

I will prob do it.. waiting on my quote first to see how much the ballpark would be
since my s2k should be here at least before aug 5th.. thats the set date it should be here on and or before

oh and ill be in bristol soon enough, to go to the ikea.. wife keeps nagging me
plus we are newly married and do want a new bedroom set , the one we want is out of californa and the shipping would be nuts

so trying to find something very contemporary if anyone nkows any hip furniture places in the local area please let me know
Old 07-17-2005, 01:58 PM

I can only help out as far as Bristol is concerned for furniture I'm afraid...

There is Maskreys on Whiteladies Road in Bristol which is quite contemporary.

Just around the corner from there is Habitat (Elton Road I *think*).

There's also our favourite, John Lewis, which is at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol which in the basement has lots of good furniture and things.

Hope these help
Old 07-18-2005, 01:46 AM

Sorry to say it, but if they are treating you as a new driver then getting a sensible insurance quote will be virtually impossible on a group 20 car, especially being under 25 as well. You're looking at thousands.....

If you have any relatives over here, insure it in their name and add yourself to the policy as a named driver. It may also help to put it in your wifes name as women tend to get lower premiums.

I lived in Bristol for a few years, it's a very cool city, there will be plenty of good furniture places (haven't lived there for a while so couldn't recommend any).
Old 07-18-2005, 04:13 AM

the womans name would be cheaper hmmm.. idk shes 22 and im 24 so who knows

bad news, adrian flux said no to me... they said check with small tiny comps the few i tried had about 4000-6000 pounds

i got 2100 pounds for being 25, though that doesnt help me until next year.. ill keep trying but jesus i wouldnt of brought the car if i knew it would be that hard

no offense to england but they make it damn hard to do much being from the states, figured the military guys would get a break. Though i dont know what its like for people coming from the here to the us
though we dont do the no claims thing becuase technially id have no claims since i was 16...
but they dont see it like that

even cell phones today, orange wanted a 150pound deposit on both phones, granted i get it back but ive never had to deal with that for a year long contract

they said its because ive only been here a month, so i told them to forget my buisness
Old 07-18-2005, 04:14 AM

dont your insurance companies understand im a scared american driver becuase you english drive like madmen ahha
hwy isnt scary its them lil country roads with all them blind corners.. ekkk
Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about your colleagues Evan. None of them had to go through the same hassle?

Or how about trying to identify a large US insurance company that may have a subsidiary in the UK. They might be able to help you out.

Quick Reply: couple of questions...