UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Could of died yo!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dembo
Originally Posted by Beato' timestamp='1366136065' post='22477716
So on Sunday I was driving the 'other car' to the airport, when something slightly bigger than a golf ball sized smashed into the windscreen cracking it. This got me thinking if I was in the S with the roof down (nice day, so likely) it could of smashed my head, car and windscreen being lower etc.
How far does your head stick out above the windscreen?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha at 5,8 i wouldn't have that problem :-)
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was driving through a wooded area and had an acorn hit me squarely in the forehead once; I was dong 50 at the time. Not too sure if I coould have died, but it really stung
Old 04-16-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stopped at some traffic lights the other day in Carlisle with the roof down and a pigeon crapped all over me. I looked a right state driving home and it took me ages to clean all the shite from inside the car. However, I consider myself fortunate, if it had been an eagle I could of (oops - could have) drowned!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM

let's all wrap ourselves in bubble wrap

To be fair s**t happens. My wife's uncle had an mx5 once for a brief period. He was out in the countryside in it with her auntie. It was a lovely day but for some reason (bit nerdy) they had the roof up. As the were passing a hedge lined field a tractor on the other side misjudged something and fired silage all over the car. Had the roof been down they would have looked and smelt like a right pair of bobby dazzlers

I have also had a stray golf ball bounce of the roof of my van.

The rule of open top motoring I'm afraid chaps. You have to take the rough with the smooth
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
"Could have"

Pet hate!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Was doing >100mph when my steering arm broke at the weekend. Admittedly, could have smashed into a wall and been in a lot of trouble but it never even crossed my mind.

Ugh - nasty metal fatigue there.

That really shouldn't ov bin welded like that. Too many stresses.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. It happened to me.

Two kids were standing on a footbridge over a dual carriageway near Farnborough that I was approaching.

Generally when I see kids on a footbridge hanging around I always move lane to avoid possible missile trajectory.

In this instance my fears came to life and as I went under the bridge, a stone hit the windscreen and it smashed. I was wearing my chav cap that day and put my beak of the cap down to cover my eyes. I slowed, looked in the rear view mirror and the kids scarpered.

Pulled off the dual carriageway and stopped to call the police. Had some minor cuts but nothing serious.

Looked online to see if it had happened to others and apparently a lorry driver was killed on that same bit after someone threw a brick at his truck from the bridge and it went through his windscreen.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dembo
Originally Posted by Beato' timestamp='1366136065' post='22477716
So on Sunday I was driving the 'other car' to the airport, when something slightly bigger than a golf ball sized smashed into the windscreen cracking it. This got me thinking if I was in the S with the roof down (nice day, so likely) it could of smashed my head, car and windscreen being lower etc.
How far does your head stick out above the windscreen?

All the way mate, I have to wear goggles when driving it!

Kim- stupid kids, so dangerous. I would never thought of doing something like that when I was younger.

Eagle- My England was never that good
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Was doing >100mph when my steering arm broke at the weekend. Admittedly, could have smashed into a wall and been in a lot of trouble but it never even crossed my mind.

Ron, can you post up when you are going out for a drive, so the rest of us can keep well clear.

Bits break on your car with alarming regularity!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 AM

My mate put his head out the window, Wasp right in the face! I had to pull over before I crashed from laughing! Don't think he'll do that again....

Quick Reply: Could of died yo!