UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Compliments

Old 04-23-2004, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compliments

Its that time of year again , 3 people came up to me last night on seperate occassions and said nice car mate . Ok they were kids but its always nice to hear
Old 04-23-2004, 11:44 PM

Had a guy pull up along side yesterday at traffic lights. "Does it go fast?" he said. "Not always" I said as I pulled away at normal speed and waved at the police car sitting at the other side of the lights in the layby...

One of the coppers commented on how nice the car was.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:57 PM

I was crawling in rush hour traffic in Edinburgh last week when heard a kid shout to his mate ;

"Look - Honda ...... S2000 !"

Unfortunately cancelled outlater the same day when I bunch of yobs shouted " off " as I drove past.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:01 AM

Was driving through a village the other evening, well it was too tempting to stay in. The kids where playing "Kerbie" and stopped for us to drive through. "Wow that's a nice car" was the cry and returned waves from them all. You know they're not all scroats which is reassuring!
Old 04-24-2004, 12:04 AM

Originally posted by euan
Unfortunately cancelled outlater the same day when I bunch of yobs shouted " off " as I drove past.
But euan you know the plus side of that is you can off at 9,000 RPM they off on the bus!

I'll off in my S any day.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:20 AM
JMP

Had compliments from a few kids too yesterday evening when out washing the car.

First set 3 teenage girls dressed up . "Nice car mate" "Looks really shiny" Then "I'd rob it" :frown:

2 lads later "I want 1 of those when I'm older, shiny and black, but bigger"
Old 04-24-2004, 12:26 AM

One classic MG owner asked me how I managed to get any passengers behind my seats as it looked too small a gap. I had to point out to him that there were only two seats in the car. He thought the rollover hoops were another headrest he could see and therein lied his confusion. He said he loved the car and then we drove off.

I had some guy giving me the while on the A24 while I was doing 80'ish so I returned the favour to him too.

Had a chap on a motorcycle come up at a traffic lights, we had been neck to neck through the twisties and straights, to tell me he loved the car and it was more like a motorcycle with 4 wheels. I took his statements to be a compliment.

Many many more including a girl in London, while I was cruising, asking if she could go home with me which I politely refused. Now if she had said come back to my place that would have been a different matter!

The final and best one was in Epsom and happened a year ago. The sun was out and the roof down and I saw a girl at the bus stop looking towards me and smiling. As I approached nearer to the stop she pulled up her top and the bazookas came out! I pretended I didn't see her doing this and carried on driving before someone claimed she was young and I was trying it on. There is no better compliment than that in my books.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

DAMN!!! why does this never happen to me Bazookas, and flying knickers
Old 04-24-2004, 12:34 AM

It is like a rock'n'roll party when I am driving out in the sun.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:28 AM

Originally posted by rahula
The final and best one was in Epsom and happened a year ago. The sun was out and the roof down and I saw a girl at the bus stop looking towards me and smiling. As I approached nearer to the stop she pulled up her top and the bazookas came out! I pretended I didn't see her doing this and carried on driving before someone claimed she was young and I was trying it on. There is no better compliment than that in my books.
Excellent !

Quick Reply: Compliments