UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Coloured Calipers

Old 03-04-2015, 07:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Coloured Calipers

I have decided to send my calipers stripped and painted but what colour? The car is nurby blue, do I go for blue, red or silver? Also do I go for a "H" or Honda transfer on them in white or black? Being colour blind I am struggling to appreciate what colours go together. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So silver would look slightly more OEM as when fresh/new they will be silver. Colour coded any colour will look different/modified depending if this will be an issue for you or not. Red can look OEM so some brand such as Brembo on Boxsters can be red and would look good with blue. Just my thoughts thou, personally I would go for silver to look new but not modified but its all personal choice
Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 AM

Have you checked with your insurer, you know it add 5bhp per corner.

I'd go red
Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Hammerite smooth blue on mine which I think looks good against the dark blue - not sure if it would be a bit too much lady boy blue on yours though
Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyb1978
Have you checked with your insurer, you know it add 5bhp per corner.

I'd go red
I think you have underestimated, I'm expecting at least another 80bhp+.
I was thinking of getting rid of the car for one with 4 cock rings on the grill. I could not see what I was gaining, there are plenty of cock cars around but not a lot of S2000 so I have decided to keep it. I have had the car from new, it has been well looked after with low mileage so I am spending a little money on it trying to make it a little different without going over the top. HEL brake lines and coloured calipers are just part of minor mods I want to do. I'm also having a new mohair hood and the underseal checked and the wheel arches rust proofed. There are no pockets in a shroud so I am SKIng, (Spending the Kids Inheritance.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by blue monster

I used Hammerite smooth blue on mine which I think looks good against the dark blue - not sure if it would be a bit too much lady boy blue on yours though
I used to be able to do any job on a car, to show my age I used to set the dwell angle on the distibutor and run a car repair business. Although I have all the tools to do the work I am physically unable to do the work so I am having the calipers removed and sent to a firm which specialized in the high end painting of brake calipers.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the same coulour as blue monster, hammerite smooth blue and I've got a nurby blue with black wheels. I had initially done them in red, but as that's probably the most common colour, and can look tacky on some cars, I decided to go blue.

Congrats on having the best/fastest colour too btw!!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Lillystone
I used the same coulour as blue monster, hammerite smooth blue and I've got a nurby blue with black wheels. I had initially done them in red, but as that's probably the most common colour, and can look tacky on some cars, I decided to go blue.

Congrats on having the best/fastest colour too btw!!
I agree with you about red as does, more importantly, Madam Santenays. I have raced both bikes and cars with some success, but the colour might be the fastest but nowadays the driver certainly isn't. It looks like blue as Madam Santenays agrees with you.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Black. Subtley is best
Old 03-04-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
Black. Subtley is best
They are black now! That's why I want them coloured but not to bling.

Quick Reply: Coloured Calipers