UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

colour choice

Old 06-24-2004, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sammyc
Old 06-24-2004, 06:11 AM

Old 06-24-2004, 06:14 AM

It was actually full red that swayed the choice of car for me. I sat in a S2000 before I was that interested in getting one, and thought WOW, the interior is so different. I came from a black Audi with full black leather and black interior. Just couldn't cope with the darkness.

I really love the full red, but not so happy with the silverstone its a nice colour and looks good, but just doesn't do all my cleaning any justice.

I think it will be yellow for me next, but I am very unsure about black leather, wish there was more yellow inside.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by euan
Old 06-24-2004, 03:20 PM

Funny, but I've seen no mention of the Royal Navy Blue. My first S2K was Silverstone/Red..had it four years and have just traded it in for an 04 model in RNB/Black

And boy, what a wonderful colour......I loved the Silverstone but it was becoming a hackneyed colour.....the RNB gives the car a whole new dimension.........smart, a lustre that the Silverstone just missed.....and it draws more admiring looks than the silver ever did.

Apart from that the '04 model is such an improvement on my old '00. That was a marvellous car to drive but this one is even better (I would not have believed it before). Much more flexible gearing, even smoother change, better ride, improved cabin layout (that terrible 'drenching' button moved totally away!) love the glass rear screen, and generally a tighter car. and I seem to be getting far better mpg...24/25 instead of 20ish, around London.

The S2k must be the most pleasurable drive around....the car just goes exactly where you want it without any fuss or bother and just wants to be driven.

Before I did my P/E I drove the old one 3000+ miles from London to Jerusalem......including 2 laps of the Monaco Gran Prix course, 2 laps of the Ferrari F1 test track at Marinello and more mountain passes than I knew existed.......and not one spot of bother, nothing but sheer bliss all the way!

Bought the new one from Alan Day in NW London....they had also always looked after my previous car...cannot speak highly enough about them......efficient, courteous, always helpful......and they answer the phone immediately. What a contrast in every way with Warwick Wright who service my wife's car.

Gooner Mad...........forever

Old 06-24-2004, 10:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gooner mad
Old 06-25-2004, 05:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M@rk
Anyone got any pictures of the Orange?
Old 06-25-2004, 05:43 AM

LB - very hotttttttt
Old 06-26-2004, 01:09 AM

dude, go with the crowd.... blend into the background... red off course, is the true proven sportscar colour...

on a serious note, they are all nice, but decison is whether you wish to be different...
Old 06-26-2004, 04:09 AM

Over here, too bright a colour attracts the boys in blue and whinging motorists who like to snitch on yer driving

That means no yellows, oranges, lime greens defo

Silver is popular (not common!), because it's not a fashion statement

Quick Reply: colour choice