UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

colour choice

Old 06-23-2004, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SideShowB0b
Its only for males who are true men thou, the ones that go on about it being girlie on here are too afraid to drive one, as they are so close to being nancy boys already,driving a car with a bit of colour would push them over the edge

Old 06-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Xd

Silverstone is the most common colour, its not my choice colour but it has grown on me and it is very popular.
Moonrock though is fantastic and has to be seen in the flesh. What colour you choose will affect the resale price i.e. lime green is not particularly popular.

One of the guys on the forum is fishing for white which is very cool, unfortunately its not available in the UK.

Oh full red interior, also refered to as pimp red
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 AM

Be careful with the red dash though, when I drove one on a sunny day it was all I could see reflected in the windscreen. Very off putting which is why it put me off!

BTW, the colours in the brochure do not look even close in the metal. Nurby blue looked very crapola to me but when I saw one I changed my mind straight away. Not everybodies cup of tea but then that's what makes life interesting.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:29 AM

I guess it's down to personal choice, but as mentioned already, you should definately try to see the colours in the metal At a local meet or something

The colours do look different in the metal too - ie the finish on the Nurby blue and the silverstone is excellent close up - less so on the move, and the red and black is the other way around.

Just to make things worse, have you considered importing a new one from Japan ? You can get tan interiors !
Old 06-23-2004, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by sammyc
Be careful with the red dash though, when I drove one on a sunny day it was all I could see reflected in the windscreen. Very off putting which is why it put me off!
liar liar pants on fire.

I disagree. I had the full red dash with berlina black and it was great. I loved it, drove 22000 miles and never had any issue with the red reflecting off the windscreen. I would love to get another black/red but keeping it clean and shiny was the end for that choice. Take the offer from everyone and go have a look at the different colours in the flesh. You and only you can make the choice.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:12 AM

Don't forget Imola Orange, this colour rocks!!
Everybody that's seen mine, thinks its the mutz nuts of a colour.

Robin
Old 06-23-2004, 01:14 AM

I agree, go to several dealerships and see them in the flesh. The S2000 bible by Dan Carney, says that the S2000 works best in Red or Silverstone, as it best shows off the lines of the car. Also any colour they use in the brochure is a sure bet, even if it is poofy blue

Go forth.........................
Old 06-23-2004, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by S2000Mike
Silverstone is the 'fastest' colour - which is why so may have bought it!!!!
but if I was going for a change it could be either moonrock or black.

And the half red / half black interior is definitely the choice of the professional pimp.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:35 AM

Silverstone is just to common.... I also think that silver is definately the colour of the last few years but there are to many cars out there that are silver...

Moonrock looks cool... RNBP, Berlina Black and Orange look good.. Never been keen on red personally... and ladyboy blue... really didn't like it when I was chosing my car but I don't dislike it as much as I did....
Old 06-23-2004, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by S2000Mike
Silverstone is the 'fastest' colour - which is why so may have bought it!!!!
Its the sheep effect thats why so many people have bought it.... you see the same effect in car parks... you park near no other cars, and everybody parks next to you....

Quick Reply: colour choice