UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

colour choice

Old 06-22-2004, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default colour choice

hi it's my first post

After considering all the alternatives for my next car i've decided to go for a new 04 S2000 in the next few months the only thing i can't decide is what colour. I currently fancy monza red, i've not seen it in the flesh but from pics it looks a very nice deep and rich colour. It's also seems very rare which is a factor for me cos i don't want something as common as silver - every other car these days is silver

My alternative is the opposite - black on the outside with either the full red interior or the half half. Is the full on red too much especially as i've never had a bright red dash stare back at me before!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:15 PM

Silverstone is the 'fastest' colour - which is why so may have bought it!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:44 PM

Hi, I love my Nurburgring blue with blue interior, but then I just love blue......and I'm a girl (it seems to have picked up the name ladyboy blue around here) If I had to choose again I would still go for the same or possibly black. If you get a chance you should come to a meet and see all the colours before you decide Whatever you decide, you will love the S, you will want to spend all your time driving it, it won't matter what the colour is
Old 06-22-2004, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by bluenoon
(it seems to have picked up the name ladyboy blue around here)
I'd be carefull about who you tell that, If I were you Lisa.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Full pimp red interior is the only way to go.
(As long as it's silver or black )
Old 06-22-2004, 08:15 PM

Ive seen a red at a dealers, and it looks very nice, would look amazing with the red/black interior option, if thats available.

As for the nurby blue, I had looked at loads of colours, but when I pulled up to look at a nurby blue, I thought it was really the colour that made the S look best.
Its only for males who are true men thou, the ones that go on about it being girlie on here are too afraid to drive one, as they are so close to being nancy boys already,driving a car with a bit of colour would push them over the edge

My top three colour and combo choices would be either Nurby Blue, Red with red/black and black dash, or black with red/black and black dash. If I had a choice again, id find it hard to choose between those three, but the red is certainly the rarest as far as what ive seen on the road goes.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:37 PM

The full red interior is totally . Take a look back at some pics of classic sports cars of the past and they all have it

Dave
Old 06-22-2004, 10:57 PM

I like my silver S. Given the choice...??? I'd go for yellow or maybe orange next time round.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:32 PM

Hi euphoria

Your best bet really is to attend a meet so you car see them in the flesh. Pictures and brochures don't do all the colours justice.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by bluenoon
If you get a chance you should come to a meet and see all the colours before you decide

The colours look quite different in the flesh when compared to the brochure. Also, the 04 looks much better with those wheels in lighter colours (silverstone, ladyboy blue) than it used to.

MCB looks much better in real life then on the brochure, and the 02 ladyboy looks worse.

Best to look yourself. (black and bright red are best though IMHO)

Quick Reply: colour choice