UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Clifford Alarms

Old 08-13-2006, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Alarms

I have been speaking to a few chaps on here about clifford alarms and the various things they do and have.

I am looking to get an alarm installed but am not sure if Clifford is even the one for me. Does anyone know anything about the G5 range?

Neil has been telling me all about the blackjax add on which sounds superb but seems like it has numerous problems which need ironing out, does anyone know if this has been done with the G5. Obviously a digital tilt sensor will be needed, can anyone else recommend add on's to install with the alarm?

Also most of these alarms have a number of outputs, does this mean that you can choose if you want windows to go up, lights to go on etc for each one???

Look forward to hearing your views....
Old 08-14-2006, 01:27 AM

I bought a Clifford Concept 650 x in January and opted for the Proximity Sensor option. I would probably say its the best alarm I have had. A thumbs up from me
Old 08-14-2006, 01:39 AM

Ok, what did you opt for with the outputs?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:51 AM

I have a Clifford Concept 600 G4 in the S which is almost 7 years now and still works great. I have it complemented with a proximity sensor and anti-hijack binary PIN-code which works great too.
It has a quite a lot of features and is quite configurable without being daunting to operate.

Edit:
It was professionally installed, so I don't know what I/O you can choose, but mine has the following:
Input:
- hood, doors, trunk, car start, proximity two zones, tilt, hijacking
Output:
- siren, hazard lights, brake lights, windows (up)
Old 08-14-2006, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by mbvt,Aug 14 2006, 10:51 AM
I have a Clifford Concept 600 G4 in the S which is almost 7 years now and still works great. I have it complemented with a proximity sensor and anti-hijack binary PIN-code which works great too.
It has a quite a lot of features and is quite configurable without being daunting to operate.

Edit:
It was professionally installed, so I don't know what I/O you can choose, but mine has the following:
Input:
- hood, doors, trunk, car start, proximity two zones, tilt, hijacking
Output:
- siren, hazard lights, brake lights, windows (up)
That sounds good, do you find the binary code annoying with the anti hi jack?

Does anyone know the differences with G4 and G5? The PC connection sounds good, being able to reconfigure everything.

Does the proximity sensor work well? How does it work?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Moreno5,Aug 14 2006, 11:32 AM
That sounds good, do you find the binary code annoying with the anti hi jack?

Does anyone know the differences with G4 and G5? The PC connection sounds good, being able to reconfigure everything.

Does the proximity sensor work well? How does it work?
The PIN-code can be a bit annoying, for example during holidays where you stop often by the road to enjoy the view or to take a snapshot. But during regular use I don't think it's a problem at all; it becomes second nature to enter the code after starting the car and it only takes a second or two. I think it's a great anti-theft feature as well.

I don't know where the proximity sensor is located and how it works. Ar first it emits a loud warning-chirp to make you back-off.
It is sensitive enough that I can't jetwash the car without it going off (I once washed the car with the alarm armed). Once during a very heavy storm the pressure of the wind on the plastic rear-window caused false alarms but by pressing some multiple key combinations on the remote fob you can arm the car with the proximity sensor or other inputs disabled. It also went off when I closed the metal door of a very small parking garage, so I guess it would detect being loaded in a seacontainer.

Almost anything that's configurable through the PC-link can als be setup by yourself using the binary keypad although it's obviously not as comfortable. Things like the PIN, volume loud/soft, beep on arm/disarm, etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mbvt,Aug 14 2006, 02:56 PM
The PIN-code can be a bit annoying, for example during holidays where you stop often by the road to enjoy the view or to take a snapshot. But during regular use I don't think it's a problem at all; it becomes second nature to enter the code after starting the car and it only takes a second or two. I think it's a great anti-theft feature as well.

I don't know where the proximity sensor is located and how it works. Ar first it emits a loud warning-chirp to make you back-off.
It is sensitive enough that I can't jetwash the car without it going off (I once washed the car with the alarm armed). Once during a very heavy storm the pressure of the wind on the plastic rear-window caused false alarms but by pressing some multiple key combinations on the remote fob you can arm the car with the proximity sensor or other inputs disabled. It also went off when I closed the metal door of a very small parking garage, so I guess it would detect being loaded in a seacontainer.

Almost anything that's configurable through the PC-link can als be setup by yourself using the binary keypad although it's obviously not as comfortable. Things like the PIN, volume loud/soft, beep on arm/disarm, etc.
Ahhh see thats one thing I want....I know a lot of people will say how annoying it is but I really need the beep on arming and unarming as I constantly walk back to the car as I forget if I have armed or not. I am getting paranoid, and thats why I have chosen to have this feature on my next alarm.

I am def going to get the remote start, love the idea of that, being able to start it in the morning before even going out there. I get up 5.15am so this would work well for me, but I heard that with the PC link you can set heaters to come on etc when you switch on. Would love the rear window heater and interior to come on without even having to get outside!

I probably wouldn't go for the proximity sensor but may go for the digital tilt sensor.

Does anyone know what other advantages the PC suite gives?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Moreno5,Aug 14 2006, 02:30 PM

I am def going to get the remote start, love the idea of that, being able to start it in the morning before even going out there.
Beware that remote start has insurance implications!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by FunBox,Aug 14 2006, 03:41 PM
Beware that remote start has insurance implications!
Like???
Old 08-14-2006, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moreno5,Aug 14 2006, 02:43 PM
Like???
Well if its an S your putting it on then chances are (unless it

Quick Reply: Clifford Alarms