UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Clean S2000 Club

Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmm...mirror shine AND flake pop!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Very impressive S2k_Nut if, in my opinion, a bit OCD. Hope the missus appreciated being chauffered in a shiny motor to the seaside.

Re washing up liquid, I use Surcare Sensitive as I think I read somewhere that the National Trust use it to clean their heirlooms. Is that a heinous crime?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Feb 11 2008, 08:53 PM
Very impressive S2k_Nut if, in my opinion, a bit OCD. Hope the missus appreciated being chauffered in a shiny motor to the seaside.

Re washing up liquid, I use Surcare Sensitive as I think I read somewhere that the National Trust use it to clean their heirlooms. Is that a heinous crime?

That made me laugh so much, you have such a brilliant way with words MQ ...

To answer your question, because it is a particularly mild detergent it will probably be fine, so no heinous crime to the vehicle I suspect. I expect it is somewhat expensive to use though? Regarding OCD, probably quite a lot actually although I suspect I am not alone

mmjs98 thanks for the comments, yes the flash helped bring out the flake nicely didn't it just ?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Feb 11 2008, 08:53 PM
Very impressive S2k_Nut if, in my opinion, a bit OCD.
Sometimes, 'good enough' isn't good enough! Particularly when its a nice sunny day. That tends to bring my OCD side out too.

Full marks for a lovely job and have to agree with MQ re: your infectious enthusiasm.

Thanks for the badge sir, good to meet you briefly yesterday

Enjoy your time off

Matt
Old 02-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Dox

Here one for you OCD Cleaners

Need some advice with mirror finish alloys. Purchased from Ciderboy (He must of been too busy looking Gay driving a TT to clean them )

Washed them down with warm water and Halfords Car Wash

No matter how hard I rubbed with Sponge could not remove ingrained brake dust. So I got some "Wonder Wheels" This helped a lot but i am unsure if this stuff is ok with the diamond cut wheels so used a lot of water/car wash after to remove the wonder wheel residue.

The wheel are really clean with only a few nicks so my questions are without getting a full refurb can I do anything about the nicks ( are the wheels laquered over a polished finish?) and is there anything I can use to polish /seal the Wheels..

Dox
Old 02-11-2008, 01:11 PM

This is the result of my fella and his mate running off with the S2000 for 3 hours last Saturday. His mate works for Ford and got some Autoglym Lifeshine to test out.

Its a shame they didn't park it somewhere nicer for the photos. The S is back to being a dirty little beast again now
Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dox,Feb 11 2008, 10:08 PM
The wheel are really clean with only a few nicks so my questions are without getting a full refurb can I do anything about the nicks ( are the wheels laquered over a polished finish?) and is there anything I can use to polish /seal the Wheels..
Hi Dox,
I would prefer not to turn this thread into a detailing thread I think that may have been my fault with the above post.

This thread should be about posting pics of recently cleaned cars, and I may have inadvertantly mis-directed the thread slightly towards detailing generally.

I do apologise, so could I ask that you and any subsequent posters direct your detailing questions elsewhere, tangoman's detailing thread for example has lots of info and he always answers any detailing questions with top notch answers there. Alternatively PM me and I will try and answer your questions there.

Please keep this thread for pics of clean cars only, thanks.

Back on topic, KatieP that car looks fantastic, black is one of the best colours for dramatic effect when cleaned, superb!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Quite like the less than scenic location katiep, it is a counterpoint to your shine. Love it when motor mags take something exotic somewhere run down and distressed.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 PM

new pc

Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Some nice shiny metal there motoGP, what about a pic of the whole car?

Good to meet you too Matt, re. the badge no problem at all. To anyone else who has posted a pic of their car and would like a badge please help yourself to it in my sig, try to link it back to this thread if you do use it, thanks. If you are not sure how to add the badge and link it etc, drop me a PM and I will try and help you.

Quick Reply: Clean S2000 Club