UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Chiswick Honda!

Old 07-17-2002, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chiswick Honda!

Called Honda UK today to find out if the paperwork for the UK warranty had gone through - nothing!

They told me to call the dealership and chase them - I refused and said that I did that two weeks ago!

Anyway, just got a call from Honda UK, they confirmed that Chiswick Honda have the paperwork and they had sent it. Honda UK say they didn't receive it - "It must have got lost sir"

What utter crap! I was thinking of using Chiswick Honda as my main dealership for future services etc - But NO WAY!

Marshalls in Reading looks like a good bet!

Chiswick Honda 2/10!!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:01 AM

I think so too, they tend to give me silly reasons:

This happened once, they told me that delivery of the INT wiper relay would take a day or 2. I rang back a week later and the service reception told me it wasn't there yet and that back ordered parts would take a long time.

I rang back about half an hour later to double check as I didn't believe they'd actually checked when I called earlier. True enuff, it was sitting there waiting for me.

But the impression that I get from them is that they will say anything to get you off their backs on the telephone so they go for a fag, or a spin in your car.

Unfortunately, they are the closest dealership to me by far. They have one last chance to prove themselves tomorrow when they try to get my INT wipers sorted. If not, I'm not stepping into that dealership again.

TBC
Old 07-17-2002, 02:34 PM

Isn't Chiswick Honda owned by Honda ?
Old 07-17-2002, 02:37 PM

No Honda dealership is owned by Honda UK. They are owned by Norton Way I think....

TBC
Old 07-18-2002, 01:38 AM

Chiswick Honda are just as bad as the rest f them IMHO. Although Honda(UK) think of it as their model dealership (which they would like all others to be like), there apears to be very little substance behind the gloss. They lost the parts for my car for three days and it seems that no one really cared. The guys on the service desk as very friendly, but haven't a clue and lie through their teeth.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:48 AM

Guys, try Marshalls of Reading. It's only about 35-45 mins away from Chiswick and the service people have been great. Speak to Keith, who's the main advisor on the service desk, he's been pretty straight with me everytime that I've dealt with him and he's always very keen to help.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:09 AM

Well every time I have been there they have been great. Jazz on the service desk couldn't be of more help.

Even though my car is an grey import they had no quibbles replacing the rear screen. Did the work within a week.

The only time I had a little problem was when the speed converter box on my S overheated. Cause it wasn't a Honda part (aftermarket) they asked me to get a new one. However once I got the new part (luckily for free) they fitted it with no problems.

Mark
Old 07-18-2002, 03:23 AM

Well, I brought my car in today and was pleasantly surprised. Told them abt the trim damage and was reassured that it would be fixed when collected. Service was 1st class. Gave me the new CRV for the courtesy car as well, a pretty highly speced one. Made the trek from Chiswick to work a lot more enjoyable even though there's a ton of traffic coz of the tube stike.

But I guess what ultimately matters is the technical expertise of the guys. The service can be 10/10, but if the technical is 0/10, I still wouldn't go there. I'm giving them another chance to prove themselves, so I'll post my rating of them as soon as I get my car back.

TBC
Old 07-19-2002, 01:06 PM

OK, my new rating,

Service (ask for Jazz) = 8/10
Technical = 8/10

My car is as new now, and its the first time its been this way, EVER. It feels good to wash the car, look back and know that everything in the car is perfect! INT wipers were fixed, apparently it was the wire being earthed somewhere.

New seat cover was tightened down to remove the slack. Damaged pieced of trim fixed. I'm a happy camper.

If you ignored the odometer, the car is better than showroom condition, just as I like it.

TBC
Old 07-19-2002, 01:47 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally posted by Isabelle
Service (ask for Jazz) = 8/10
Technical = 8/10
TBC,

In your book does Service mean Service Reception, and Technical mean Mechanic?
Just calibrating.

Rog

ps. glad they got your INT fixed at the ?third try. I'd be giving them 6/10 + 'get it right first time'. But then I'm a teacher

Quick Reply: Chiswick Honda!