UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

A challenge to PWE386!

Old 07-12-2002, 03:47 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts
Default A challenge to PWE386!

Pete,

Me an Carol love the S2000 but we differ on VTEC. For Supermeet2 can you assure her there will be a non-VTEC (or close to) option on the Saturday? We went to Le Mans with the Top Gear gang and managed to lose them 99% of the time so didn't fall out.

We (well, she!!) just want to take it easy and poodle. (well, She Who Must Be Obeyed does).

Can do? Anyone else?

Rog

ps. am fixin to come but not dependable. I know this. but boy I will need to vent
Old 07-12-2002, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, who changed my numbers around?!

Rog, speed of travel for the convoy is beyond my control I'm afraid. I just lead the way and people seem to follow

Seriously though, it is a valid point and, indeed, SuperMeet1 showed that there are one or two people who prefer to amble the route rather than attack it (I think Mikerich for one).

Something I have on the ToDo list for SuperMeet2 is to arrange that we leave Shrewsbury, grouped in "speed preference", with those prefering to amble leaving a little earlier (only by 10 minutes or so).

Everyone is supplied with a detailed route plan so it is really impossible to get lost (unless, like some folks, you don't read it ). Every car also carries a list of everyone else's name, reg, and mobile phone number. In other words, you don't have to keep with the main convoy; you can make your own way in your own time if you prefer. The stops are quite long too, so there is always ample time to regroup.

I hope this persuades Carol that you should both come

Pete
Old 07-12-2002, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]Hey, who changed my numbers around?!
Old 07-13-2002, 12:27 AM

On Supermeet 1, when I was in the front group, the pace was very fast, and good fun, but one section I was near the back, and due to the sheer numbers in front, it was very, very, very slow - think there need to be some distinct gaps, so that different groups can go their own pace, but not crawling pace!
Old 07-13-2002, 12:36 AM

So how about forming up and setting off in three groupings?
Old 07-13-2002, 12:40 AM

[B]So how about forming up and setting off
Old 07-13-2002, 02:44 AM

Three groupings sounds a great idea.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:52 AM

OK, we'll have three groupings, setting off at seven minute intervals.

Mikerich, do you want to lead the first (slowest) group?

I'll lead the last (quickest) group ('cos I know the roads very well and I know where it is safe to travel quickly and where it is not, plus, by that time, I will have laser diffuser, Road Angel and Radar detector all fitted and working)

Who wants to take point for the middle group?

I'll update the website accordingly

Pete
Old 07-13-2002, 09:06 AM

Alex.C
but one section I was near the back, and due to the sheer numbers in front, it was very, very, very slow - think there need to be some distinct gaps, so that different groups can go their own pace, but not crawling pace!
~Alex apologies if it was me
I was following Joecro and Charlie. We left every stop last by a long way and were quite surprised to find folk behind us. We had sizeable gaps between the cars to allow people to overtake. BUT we arrived at the first stop first - and finished up in Shrewsbury in the first third So sorry if we ruined yr day.

I do think that however much of a gap you leave between groups - if people can't map read you are going to get this problem.

[B] .

Mikerich, do you want to lead the first (slowest) group?

Old 07-13-2002, 01:26 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Pete,

we're in - Supermeet2 - damn the torpedos.

May I further suggest the hares go first? the thought of the fast boys up my arse is not comfortable. with long lay-by waits it will work out. and if you will have all that ECM gear you'd best go ahead and run the gauntlet.

whatever.

anyway I now must not sell my beast 'til after 13/14/15 sept.

ho hum.

Hasta la vista baby!!!
Rog

ps. can't seem to edit the thread header but did try!

Quick Reply: A challenge to PWE386!