UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000

Old 12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chet,

If you need help bringing your car home, let me know.

As you know, I am NW London, and I am free until the 11th Jan 2010.

Bharat

BTW - Congrats on your impending purchase mate !!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...phew, you were giving me a mini heart attack just then.

Yeah, my main concern was the amount of time it initially spent sitting pretty on the forecourt. Hopefully the previous owner has allowed it to stretch its legs here and there, though judging by the mileage, maybe not. The fact that its lived in London all its life, everything tallys up with respect to the mileage and service intervals.

scumboss, in September, you wrote this on one of my threads:

[QUOTE=scumboss,Sep 29 2009, 11:25 PM]My advice, buy a yellow an S2000 is a special car and if you want to stand out yellow is your boy. I'm going to have mine detailed in a few weeks so I'll get some pics up.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by BSM139,Dec 22 2009, 07:16 PM
Chet,

If you need help bringing your car home, let me know.

As you know, I am NW London, and I am free until the 11th Jan 2010.

Bharat

BTW - Congrats on your impending purchase mate !!
Wow, thanks for the offer Bharat, much appreciated!
Yes, I was/am in a little predicament on that front, I had a few ideas in mind but will keep your offer in mind for sure, it would be awesome to have an experienced S2Kowner's eyes with me there!

I will definitely be aiming to have it by that date, as I'm flying overseas on the 11th for business, so want to have it at its new home way before then. Thanks again!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by chet,Dec 22 2009, 06:18 PM
...phew, you were giving me a mini heart attack just then.

Yeah, my main concern was the amount of time it initially spent sitting pretty on the forecourt. Hopefully the previous owner has allowed it to stretch its legs here and there, though judging by the mileage, maybe not. The fact that its lived in London all its life, everything tallys up with respect to the mileage and service intervals.

scumboss, in September, you wrote this on one of my threads:

Just to let you know, we are all indeed still waiting
You must have missed the thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=737389&hl=
Old 12-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Looking very nice! For some reason the first pic looks familiar so I may have sen the thread in the past, my bad for not remembering. Looks mint.

p.s. this thread has covered so much already, its a thread of many topics, even a title change. Apologies to the mods for it being 'ad-hoc' discussion!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:41 AM

All you need to do now is when the spring / summer comes pop down to Wales and me and Ben will show you the Welsh Nürburgring ring. I thought I had seen the best of Brecon / Mid Wales until Ben showed me this.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update this thread....

After a long wait [lots of snow + festive/new years close of business] I finally brought my S2000 home today!!

I must take this opportunity to thank Bharat/BSM139 for the very very kind gesture of not only taking me down to the garage to pick the car up, but providing lots of good advice with regards to the car itself and driving it... MANY MANY thanks, Bharat - really appreciate it and it's great to know such help is on hand. The noise his S2000 produces... well that deserves another thread of its own - and having seen his RaceLogic system installed I am very very tempted, and disappointed I missed out the group buy for it...

I have not managed to get decent pics yet but here are a few for now:

...and here's one pic on the way home after picking it up:

Needless to say, I am ecstatic with the purchase and the fact that I made it home [apologies for my speed, Bharat, ] given how I was worrying about the number of S2000's being written off recently, without any issues... [well apart from panicking when I saw I had one bar left on the fuel gauge!] was the main thing.

Plan to have the Geo looked at in the near future hopefully, take it easy until the weather gets better - I'm very much a newcomer to the world of RWD...

[post edited to re-attach photos which seem to have dropped off post-forum upgrade!]
Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks very nice. Did you get the little bits like the seat and the front bumper sorted.

What tyres has it got fitted and how much tread is left on them?

Enjoy it lots but take it steady for the next week or so.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Thank you!
The seat was attended to, but I feel it was just some sort of black polish and that it [the black colour] will wear off with time. The main is that you really cannot feel it if you run your hand over it with your eyes shut, so it is superficial. Granted it is not perfect, but the garage did try - not sure what more I could've hoped for.

The scratch was also attended to; touched up a little, though the scratch is very much there. Its in a better state than it was 2 weeks ago but it is still very much there.

Tyres are RE050's. Front tyres have plenty of tread, rears have perhaps 4mm at best, maybe 3.5mm. Bharat advised I get them changed in about 1000-1500 miles time.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good advise and a good indicator that the previous owner cared enough to put good rubber on the car.

Quick Reply: ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000