UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000

Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is this Jimmy based?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey WinFreak, he's in the MK17 area. If he's good enough for our S2KUK chairman..... .
Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too far
Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 AM

Sorry to seem abit behind, but does 'Jimmy' have workshop / website ?

Or bloke with a driveway / hammer ?

Just that I'm very curious as I live about 18 miles from MK17 postcode area
Old 07-15-2013, 05:25 AM

Anyone after Jimmy's services - please PM AquilaEagle for details.
I have not used him myself, yet, and therefore cannot recommend from experience. As such, not sure I should be posting his details on a public forum.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 AM

Love this car, they look amazing in yellow.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Thanks J1mmys!

Today I visited Tom at TGM Sport Racing for a clutch replacement. Quite a surspring task given the car has only covered 45k miles. However the typical symptoms were beginning to show. With a long road trip on the horizon, I didn't want to take any chances, and given I'm going to keep and enjoy the car for several years to come, I saw the opportunity to have the clutch replaced as investment .

The pedal had become ultra stiff, this had always been the case, and I suspect the first owner covered most of his miles within the congested London area, always in traffic... and maybe even riding the clutch now and then....

I'm really glad I took the decision to have the work done, the clutch itself was on its last legs - literally! I'll let the images do the talking:

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-bk8u2vuh.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-wrpidzuh.jpg
Here is the new clutch just bolted in. I went for the genuine OEM kit from Honda:

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-o8borndh.jpg
Really glad and relieved I had the work completed today - one less thing to worry about and for once it was perfect timing - there was literally nothing left on the outgoing clutch! It goes without saying that Tom and the team at TGM worked quickly and efficiently - happy to help with ad-hoc questions here and there. Tom's knowledge and experience is first class .

The clutch pedal is suuuuper light and smooth - quite unbelievable! The new bite point will take some getting used to but I hope it all leads to many more enjoyable miles .

Finally, a quick photo I managed to take of the S2000 sitting alongside a rather mint looking family member:

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-k01h16oh.jpg
Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 PM

Two good looking cars there I love my moonrock but I could be tempted to sell up one day for a yellow one.

Tom/TGM is awesome, will be there myself on Thursday for some suspension work.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by tonksy
Two good looking cars there I love my moonrock but I could be tempted to sell up one day for a yellow one.

Tom/TGM is awesome, will be there myself on Thursday for some suspension work.
Thanks tonksy - a Yellow one must be tempting .

I must also commend WinFreak for his help & assistance , I decided to buy new discs and pads, front and rear but wasn't confident in my own abilities to install everything correctly. WinFreak kindly gave a big helping hand and pretty much did the job for me! Well, the fronts at least . I won't mention the fun and games that were had with the disc/hub screw...

The pads that came off were the OEM Honda set and they weren't even that badly worn - see below. Maybe I'll keep them as spare or even see if they interest anyone on eBay etc. when I get time.

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-brijvgz.jpg

But I desired a fresh change all round, and all the discs and pads were bought anyway, so we continued with the new replacements .
Old 09-14-2013, 03:05 AM

One of the main reasons for getting the new clutch and brakes installed was to lessen any worries ahead of a roadtrip.
Well, that roadtrip has now taken place and I'm really glad to say both new components performed really well!

The roadtrip consisted of, essentially, a tour of France...The general order of destinations are as follows:

Calais > Reims > Dijon > Lyon > Grenoble > Route Napoléon > Grasse > Juan-Les-Pin/Antibes/Nice > Monaco > Millau > Vierzon > Rouen > Calais.

We spent 10 days away and 7 of those on the road. 2 nights worth of stop-over to get down to the South coast and 2 nights again to come up North and hit Dover.
Granted, some people reach the Riviera within a day's worth of driving but we felt like taking a more relaxed approach, enabling us to enjoy the towns/hotels we'd picked for stopping over at .

We still aimed to cover between 420km and 500km each day on the road in order to make sufficient progress - and we felt our estimates were spot on when you factor in leaving a hotel at around 1000hrs, having lunch somewhere for around 1hr, ad-hoc exploring and photo spots, wanting to reach your next destination by 1800hrs for dinner, etc. Given it was my first time driving on the other side of the road, that was enough km per day! That said, our first day saw us cover 690km and the final day slog to Calais saw us hit 725km - which was pushing it .

On to some photos from the trip :

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-dmj2wel.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-lbdpp2g.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-hsvo9eb.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-rajlc2r.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-4wnnbwy.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-rikimqx.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-yrvwrsp.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-qpnrarq.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-cprvmhl.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-fmyxudi.jpg

ch3tman's Rio Yellow Pearl S2000-syhwgun.jpg