UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Centre Gravity

Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centre Gravity

1. Do CG like people to get involved with doing their geo set-ups and replacing the seized bushes or can you just leave your car with him? For those who have helped with the work, was it a worthwhile experience?

2. How long does a geo set up take if there are/aren't any seized bushes? (just wondering if I will need to leave my car with them for a few days or not - i am quite a few hours away that's all)

3. Any idea what the waiting time is to get booked in with them?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 01:52 AM

1. Do CG like people to get involved with doing their geo set-ups and replacing the seized bushes or can you just leave your car with him? For those who have helped with the work, was it a worthwhile experience?

You can just leave your car with them, or get involved, its up to you. They have a nice customer area with WIFI etc.. if you just want to sit in there and let them get on with it.

2. How long does a geo set up take if there are/aren't any seized bushes? (just wondering if I will need to leave my car with them for a few days or not - i am quite a few hours away that's all)

It takes a good few hours at best, Chris is a perfectionist. I would allow half a day at the least - maybe a day if you have seized bushes.

Earliest date available at the moment is the 15th September.

HTH
Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple answer - pick up the phone and talk to them.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by LTB,Aug 5 2010, 01:58 AM
Simple answer - pick up the phone and talk to them.

However, i'm at work at the moment - I can get away with looking at the internet but a conversation about setting up the geo on my car may raise a few eyebrows.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nezquick,Aug 5 2010, 02:02 AM

However, i'm at work at the moment - I can get away with looking at the internet but a conversation about setting up the geo on my car may raise a few eyebrows.
Where do you work.....a library?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I left my car with them for 2 days to sort seized bushes, install suspension and do the geo. They have a loan car which is very useful
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM

I like to see what's being done to my car and to help and learn from the experience, do CG allow this aswell?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll do a little write up on my experience when I get back from there on the 14th

LTB is right though...pick up the phone. Chris is a really nice guy, and talked through everything he proposes to do
Old 08-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

> i didn't, but he did give me a full status report on the geo, so more of intellectually involved rather than physically

> seems he does an AM and PM booking system. plan for a minimum of 2-3hours.

> about a month. you might get lucky if he's had a cancellation, but a month is about the period.

well worth it and you wont regret it.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Although Chris is a very amiable chap, I think it both more polite and professional to leave him alone to get on with it.

Its nice to get involved, but plenty of people dont know their ring from their ratshit and are probably more of a hinderance.

Just my 2p... go shopping.

Quick Reply: Centre Gravity