UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Car keeps getting hit/scratched

Old 03-16-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone has just done my off side rear bumper (yesterday). Really hoping it's a lacquer only fix , but it's got a couple of quite deep gouges.

Haven't found the guilty party, yet. I'm hunting for a cream/white coloured car with a royal navy blue scuff down the bumper.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm thinking of hireing a big bouncer with a machette and a baseball bat to hang around my S when it's parked in public.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petron
Bear in mind this is a small village (about a mile long).
  1. Builders over the road saw what they thought was a Mercedes C class park next to me and a grey haired man got out. Who then went into the post office.
  2. I went into the post office asking if any grey haired men with a merc had been in the last hour, 2 possibles were mentioned.
  3. I rode around the village looking for mercs but couldn't find any, I knew there'd be paint left on their car as mine didn't have any of theirs, but came back empty.
  4. I just went out again to the suspected house of the guy and spoke to his wife, he had an Audi A2 and not a C class as first thought. On my way back he passed me so I turned round and went back.
  5. He was sure he hadn't touched me but did admit he'd parked between me and another car (I tried to park to discourage people trying to squeeze in). He said he remembers checking how close he came once he got out.
  6. I asked which way he parked and he said he went in forwards, I went and looked on the passenger side front bumper and sure enough, moonrock all over the corner.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 AM

What an idiot, I hope you get it sorted. I'm sat at my desk in work stewing about it and it's not even my car haha.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Spies
Parked in the same place for 2 years, out the way of everyone, but suddenly people are using my car for aiming practice, in the past 3 weeks I've had a scratched passenger door, dented passenger door, and now a scratched front bumper
Exactly the same is happening to me where I park, people just couldn't care less about and it really winds me up.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 AM

cash is king...

some coffin dodger pulled out in front of me a few days ago...literally, came from a side street at 45 degrees to the main road that i was traveling along...I thought "he aint gunna stop" as he approached the give way lines....needless to say, I predicted his actions and braked accordingly...he came flying out (assume he thought his side road was in fact the main road).

Had I not been paying full attention, that would have been another S in the breakers yard...i dont think he slowed from 30mph...good job no one was coming the other way!

I then followed him at about 25mph on the national speed limit road until a suitable passing place presented itself - upon looking at the driver, he must have been in late 100's....no wonder he did not see me!

I have the utmost respect for the elderly, but sometimes they are a serious danger on the road. My parents elderly next door neighbour as more scratches on every corner of his car than i have ever seen...time to hang up your keys Merv.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Spies,Did you take some pics of his car? Nightmare situation, I hope it all gets sorted out.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to have nice cars that I look after when no one else gives a..

I was queuing to get into the works car park the other day (luckily not in the S but I haven't had the car long and it has immaculate metallic paint), some old guy was sat there for ages, punching in numbers left right and centre (he clearly didn't work in our building) next thing his reverse lights come on and he's heading towards me. I stuck my hand on the horn but he keeps coming and hits me.

He shouts "Sorry" out of his open window and doesn't attempt to get out of his car. I get out (rather angry by this point)and he says "Is there any damage?" I said "I don't know you are still parked in my car!!!!!!!"

He said he didn't even know there was a car behind him, I had been sat there for 10 mins in a very loud red Imprezza!

He then moves and gets out and said "I never felt an impact and I will be telling my insurance company that" I asked him for insurance details but he didn't know who he was insured with!

I have very minimal paint damage which isn't worth persuing. I checked the rear of his car and the whole bumper was scratched and dented down to the metal! He said people keep reversing into him!!!!!!WTF? He said he was looking for the court building......wonder what his business was there?

To top it all off, I notice that someone has scratched the rear bumper today!

Rant over!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Spies
Bear in mind this is a small village (about a mile long).
  1. Builders over the road saw what they thought was a Mercedes C class park next to me and a grey haired man got out. Who then went into the post office.
  2. I went into the post office asking if any grey haired men with a merc had been in the last hour, 2 possibles were mentioned.
  3. I rode around the village looking for mercs but couldn't find any, I knew there'd be paint left on their car as mine didn't have any of theirs, but came back empty.
  4. I just went out again to the suspected house of the guy and spoke to his wife, he had an Audi A2 and not a C class as first thought. On my way back he passed me so I turned round and went back.
  5. He was sure he hadn't touched me but did admit he'd parked between me and another car (I tried to park to discourage people trying to squeeze in). He said he remembers checking how close he came once he got out.
  6. I asked which way he parked and he said he went in forwards, I went and looked on the passenger side front bumper and sure enough, moonrock all over the corner.
7. ?

What's he said then?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:06 AM

He then moves and gets out and said "I never felt an impact and I will be telling my insurance company that" I asked him for insurance details but he didn't know who he was insured with!

I'd find it very hard to restrict myself from punching somebody at this point!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:26 AM

He said he would pay for damage, I haven't managed to get a quote yet as I haven't been able to take my car to a body shop.

You can guarantee he's going to baulk at the cost though.

I'm still trying to get pictures of his car, but it wasn't there last night.

Quick Reply: Car keeps getting hit/scratched