UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Calling it a day

Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Calling it a day

Guys/girls,

Decided to call a day with the S2000 ownership. Its been a pleasure being a member of a mature and interesting members forum, I've learnt a lot and met some great people who share the same passion and pride in the S2000 as me. I enjoyed the banter and technical threads, and the homo banter hahaha.

The S2000 has been the most reliable, rewarding and magical car i have ever owned but sadly times are changing a few unexpected things have come up and I'm now looking to emigrate to Australia so the Honda has to go, it brings a tear to my jap eye.

I will put my car up for sale, its high mileage but to say its been meticulously looked after is an understatement - it would make a great track day car as its benefited form polybushes all round so geo is sound.

So thanks for all the hospitality and good times , please enjoy your S2000.

Cheers

Aj
Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F*@king homo.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it with you! The Aussies drive on the same side of the road as us! One of the reasons I am looking at doing the same as you, moving to Australia, is I can take my cars with me!

That way, you keep the S which as you say is one of the best cars you have owned in your new exciting life in Australia.

WIN!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it easy Aj and enjoy Oz.

Oh and thanks for the seat.

And take the car with you. Would make an epic journey driving it over.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM
DCC

better yet, just put it on as a deposit towards the bad boy listed in this https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/873316-why/

Good luck with the sale and in Oz...
Old 06-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'll miss you Irv
Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Guys,

Don't build your hopes up 'just' yet. I've just come off the phone with my mother. I didn't want to say, but the reason for the rushed sale and part out was TBH basically to bail out my brother who has got into a big hole with debt. My mother is absolutely livid and wont talk to me if i give my brother any money, as its no fault other than his own due to his own stupidity and greed. Me being soft and being my brother i thought i would be helping him by raising cash selling the car and bits, plus giving him some of my savings. My mother said he can learn the hard way and take a leaf out of my book, as i did without but went to uni.

However i will be selling the car and parting out but not just yet, so sorry for getting peoples hopes up . I will keep people on a list who want my bits.

Cheers
Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM

What a good brother you are!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:16 PM

I think my mother is right though thinking about it, why should i suffer due to his greed and stupidity. I just hope he gets professional help and consolidates it without using a dodgy company.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:41 PM

Its a tricky situation to be in for sure, personally, I would bail my brother out and I will be the consolidation company and he can pay me back than leave him to the mercy of the banks and debt collectors.

But, your mum normally knows best so...difficult!

Quick Reply: Calling it a day