UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bye Bye S2000 HF, Hello S200 OHF

Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the mis-spaced ones on, but keep the correctly-spaced ones in the boot. When you get pulled over: "Sorry officer, I've just received the correctly spaced ones and was just about to fit them". Job done.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GrittyShaker,May 29 2009, 08:07 AM
Keep the mis-spaced ones on, but keep the correctly-spaced ones in the boot. When you get pulled over: "Sorry officer, I've just received the correctly spaced ones and was just about to fit them". Job done.
What after 6 months? Should I point out the postal service is a bit slow where I live "unlike your driving officer to catch me"!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:26 AM

Yes, after six months! Nuts to it. I probably wouldn't even bother changing them anyway. If I could afford a personal plate then I could afford to pay the fine again.

Although, granted, once you get caught the third time you could be in for a dry-bummin'..
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by RevRanger,May 27 2009, 02:00 PM

What gets me more is the fact that I know at the local police station (Ladgate Lane) there is a Yellow S2000 parked there most days with the exact spacing as mine S2000 (see below). I wonder if they get pulled and a fixed penalty???... I doubt it!

Does this car belong to anybody on here?
You should write a letter to them with that photo; see how they react.

To be honest I can understand having strict rules for number plates as people will and do take the piss if given even an inch and it likely scuppers ANPR; BUT, if that yellow S is plods own motor and it has the same spacing/size etc as yours thn I would make a point of letting plod know.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 AM

There's a mini I see most days around Twickenham with a plate B1TE U. It must have been seen a thousand times by plod but it's still going strong. Not sure what the spacing should be. I can't understand how it's still being used, actually hang on, it's driven by an attractive blonde.

Minis seem to carry more private plates than most.

T
Old 05-30-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by RevRanger,May 27 2009, 04:17 AM
Got pulled for my plate S2000 HF, they read me the riot act and I got the story of how blah blah something about terrorism and 2 strikes with that plate and I'll end up blah blah.
Basically I know I'm in the wrong but it did feel like I was easy pickings.
Loved the parting comment as I got handed the ticket "I don't like giving these out"... LOL yeh right!
They've been doing a campaign round our way, got pulled a few weeks ago in the civic and told to put original on, no fine though.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:18 AM

I got pulled about a year ago as mine is a different font but the same size, didnt bother changing them and it passed the MOT so didnt bother
Old 05-31-2009, 08:05 AM
CB

I have a 3/4 plate with ever so slightly dodgy spacing - didn't ask for it to be done just came back like that. The standard plate on the Mugen bumper restricts the flow to the charge cooler rather a lot. Have followed a few Police cars but yet to be pulled - if I am will revert back without complaint.

What really did annoy me a few years back was being pulled for speeding and breathalysed (completely negative BTW) on the M25 and the nice policeman threw the plastic wrapper of the tube on the floor!! I was staggered and very nearly said something - wish I had in view of the 2 week ban +400 quid fine for speeding

Those applying the law need to be absolutely spotless....
Old 05-31-2009, 10:03 AM

Thumbs down

There really are some arseholes on this site. I cannot believe that posters are asking for someone to send a pic of the yellow S to the Police and report him. Are you serious?

Grass up a fellow S enthusiast, who won't even know the guy who reported the OP for his plate, just out of spite? Great bunch of fellow owners you are! Unbelievable.......
Old 05-31-2009, 10:19 AM

I have fell foul of the great number plate fraud this weekend!
Pulled over and the officer explained that his ANPR camera could not read my number plate, and as he rightly explained if it got stolen I would like the police to realise it was stolen!
Given a form to take to an MOT station to get stamped once said legally spaced number plates are fitted and return the form to them.
Nice and polite no messing about, not a problem I knew the risk when I got the plates made.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye S2000 HF, Hello S200 OHF