UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 03-18-2009, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]
I went up to Four Marks and had a quick look round about 2 weeks ago. Some fella came over and asked me what I was after. I basically told him that I was looking to spend no more than
Old 03-18-2009, 05:22 AM

I thought these lot were "on the ropes" so to speak
Old 03-18-2009, 10:23 AM

I bought from these guys back in October last year. I had visited a good many independent dealers, whilst looking at S2k's, 350Z's and RX8's trying to decide which was for me, and found them to be no worse and no better than most. They had a car of the right specification, age etc, sold it to me at a price I was willing to pay and it has not missed a beat since. Simple.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jan 9 2005, 01:30 PM
Well done you!
Wish I'd got someone to do that when I bought mine.
yeah same here... 600 miles from scotland to wales... crapping it the whole way!!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:00 AM

I bought my 06 from S2000-4u in October 2008 and dealt with Dominic who was very helpful and seemed pretty knowledgable, they were doing the 'everything must go sale' however they still knocked off a couple of grand on the day.

There were a couple of small problems (chip in the windscreen and small dent in the door) which were fixed before i collected as discussed, however there was one small mark over the rear arch which i didn't notice on the first look which i was surprised at. I raised this with Shawn when i collected it and he shrugged and said it could be fixed when serviced (annoying but not much could be done then i guess).
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Well I looked at a horror story down the road from S2000's 4U and then dropped in there to have a look. I agree about the salesman, he was pushy and totally non-negotiable on price. The stuck record of 'we can't get these cars fast enough, they're going up in price' really gets my back up. It's patronising at best, at worst it's a naive sales tactic. The cars were pretty reasonable though; some had had some paint here or there which is acceptable but the experience left me cold and it was easy to walk away.

Cheers,

James.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 PM

I bought from steve in s20004u, this was on january the 2nd 2009, the car was pritty good price no cheaper than anywere else but no more exspensive, the car has been fine and atchully found they replaced the tires and brake pads but didnt even tell me.

However in the deal i traded in a pug 307 with aprox
Old 03-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Papalazarou,Mar 20 2009, 10:46 AM
Well I looked at a horror story down the road from S2000's 4U and then dropped in there to have a look. I agree about the salesman, he was pushy and totally non-negotiable on price. The stuck record of 'we can't get these cars fast enough, they're going up in price' really gets my back up. It's patronising at best, at worst it's a naive sales tactic. The cars were pretty reasonable though; some had had some paint here or there which is acceptable but the experience left me cold and it was easy to walk away.

Cheers,

James.
When was this, i think i may have looked at the same horror story earlier this week.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Just to add my experience to the thread. I went there today. Some older chap came over and started to ask what I was after. I started to tell him then his phone went.

I gestured that he should answer and he did so. In his conversation he wandered off.

I waited by the nice Moonrock GT they have there however he finished his conversation and didn't come back. I stood there for a further few minutes but he did not return.

So even though I liked a couple of cars there I just left on principle. He did brag about how many cars he sells but generally came across as almost unpleasant, certainly disinterested.

My last three cars have been a BMW 330 sport cab, Boxster S and an Audi S4. Whenever I went to car dealerships they were eager to help. Today I was in my Clio. I wonder if that's why he couldn't be bothered to give me the time of day?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:30 AM

Interestingly, the chap I bought mine off (private sale) was talking to me about the place during my test drive, after I mentioned my story above.

He also walked away from them after problems when he was looking, including the salesman telling him he'd never touch a JDM import then phoning him a week later trying to sell him one, and not wanting to let him test drive the car he was actually interested in buying, claiming that their test drive vehicle was the only option.

Surely they've never had anyone accept that and drive a vehicle off the forecourt without test driving the actual car?!

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk