UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speak to Sean directly - I'll PM you his email address
Old 03-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bash_UK,Mar 6 2008, 12:47 PM
I work for the TV company that make Scam Squad so if nothing is resolved I shall be forwarding this thread to my colleagues.

about time this outfit got their come uppance.

I hope you get your deposit back and don't give in over the cost of the tyres.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Wow, I've just come across this thread. I bought mine from them, it went smoothly. I popped in, took it for a run, gave the Vtec a test, slid it sideways around a roundabout which had Daniel scrambling for something to hang onto. I went off, got my finance in place (Ace guy in Brum, M Hasnain Finance, Kam Saleem), rang up, spoke to Dominic as Daniel wasn't around, haggled, got a call back, paid deposit, lease company paid the balance, I collected and drove off.

Gave the car a proper testing on the way home, esp. as bruv in law in his ITR took me down there! MY06 with 23K on it behaved exactly as I would have expected it to and continues to do so. I am glad in a way that I didn't get the service book stamped by them though and will be taking it to Honda for its 27K. Anyone been to the Fleet Service Centre? Or Cloverleaf in Ascot? Or indeed, one of the main dealers near to Aldershot that you would recommend?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Bash_UK,Mar 6 2008, 12:47 PM] God how I wish I had found this thread last week.

I'm in the process of trying to get my deposit refunded, I was told that when I came back to look at the car & pay if there was anything I wasnt happy with then I could get my deposit refunded. I've been on the phone to Dominic today and he is refuting this claim and refuses to refund my [B]
Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 AM

The issue is I was informed that if I decided that there was something wrong when I went back then I would be refunded. Trading Standards have informed me that this does actually entitle me to refund minus the costs incurred that I specified which need to be broken down for me to see.

I am in contact with Sean who has been more helpful than Dominic, will report back when negotiations are over. I wont comment further until then.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This Dominic character sounds as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Clearly not the way to treat customers at all.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bash_UK,Mar 6 2008, 06:58 PM
The issue is I was informed that if I decided that there was something wrong when I went back then I would be refunded.
I understand this completely...... the question is what was wrong?

Sorry - don't mean to go on, but unless there was a problem with the car that you put a deposit on, it was correct for you to lose your deposit if you decided you no longer wanted it. That's not an S2000-4u rule... it's the same when buying any car, any house, almost anything.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by LTB,Mar 6 2008, 07:10 PM
This Dominic character sounds as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
I don't disagree with your opinion of Dominic... but in this situation I'm not convinced he shouldn't have lost his deposit. If S2000-4u completed their end of the agreement and BashUK pulled out for his own reasons, the deposit's theirs.

If the car wasn't as agreed on the other hand, that's another story... but I'm yet to hear that said.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM

I went to look at an S2K they had a there few weeks ago thinking I would give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they proved this post wrong.

There were a few minor things wrong with the car I could find. Illegal tyres being the worst thing (these were changed for the MOT) but everything else on the surface was OK for the year and mileage.
Dealt with Dominic who was quite helpful to me even when I brought up the subject of this forum.
Put a deposit down a few days later.
Next visit wasn
Old 03-07-2008, 07:37 AM

Re Four Marks. I am an avid hater of injustice having been in business for 30 years myself and suffered from many delusions of the general public. I have now bought a total of 3 cars from four marks, the first of which my wife has been driving now for 2 years trouble free. The other 2 were both s2000's the second of which is still sat gleaming on my driveway. I part exchanged the first after 6 months with four marks purely to upgrade to a newer model. All I can say is that all 3 purchases were a pleasure and the part exchange price that I was given on my first s2000 was not that dissimilair to the actual price I paid them for it. Everything the salesmen said they would do was done and of all the s/h car companies I have dealt with over the years I have found four marks to be most loyal and genuine. It is all too easy in todays world especially with the power of the internet to destroy a company's good name at a touch of a button for no valid reason and I strongly feel that is what is happening in the case of four marks. To the guys at at four marks I would say thankyou for a great service and FULL MARKS!

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk