UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=stickytoffee,Feb 1 2008, 10:56 PM]
There have been some interesting developments with respect to my problems with this company over the last day or so. I am prepared to give credit where it is due and feel I need to update a few points!

I won't go into the ins and outs of my problems, however after dealing (with little success) with Dominic and going nowhere, I had an email off Sean Horsey yesterday. It appears Sean had noticed my outbursts on this thread and contacted me over issues with Dominic and the putting down of his company, S2000-4u.

The problems I have encountered were unknown to Sean until just yesterday, however on finding out my difficulties with Dominic he appears to have bent over backwards in the last 24hours to help me! The issue has now been resolved to a fair standard, and I can assure anyone looking for a car at Sports and prestige of Four Marks -that is certainly a Honda S2000, you will be treated well by this guy!
If you are looking to purchase a car from S2000-4u, my advice is to make an appointment with him, and liase with Sean only throughout the trasaction, and everything should be okay!

The company s2000-4u sells cars THROUGH sports and prestige of four marks. Dominic waterman runs the sports and prestige side of the business, and Sean Horsey runs the s2000-4u side of things.

I appreciate this may sound a little prompted, it isn't, and like I said 'credit where it is due'. I assured Sean I would sing his praises if he helped resolve this issue for me, and I am a man of my word!

Thanks again Sean!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 AM

glad you have been sorted ,and hopefully in the future everyone else will get the same aftercare. only time will tell

my dealings were with Sean, the only time i had to deal with Dominick the guy couldn't do anything without Sean's permission

lepoards and spots come to mind

Sean, fairplay for sorting these guys out but i think that if it was not so public then mabey things would not have had the same outcome, please prove me wrong
Old 02-02-2008, 02:29 AM

The question is if you did not know about this forum and did not use it air your dufficulty's would you still be sorted out?

These guys caused me no end of grief because they could not be bothered to do what they said they would. I am not going to go on about it and any customer of theirs should not have to come on here to get a proper customer service.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikey k,Jan 26 2008, 01:10 PM
Nice post in the PH Classifieds section
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56 AM

Sean's cheque turned up on Saturday as promised.

Well, I have to say that Sean is clearly much more interested in after sales service than my previous dealing with Dominic. He spent a long time trying to repair the situation, and I've got to give him credit for that.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:09 AM

Just to add my brief experience. Having read this thread I wasn't overly keen on visiting but they appeared to have a car that met my criteria on age/mileage/colour/spec albeit a little higher price than I was looking to pay. So last Saturday we visited, were shown the car and both my wife and I had brief test drives, it drove superbly and initially looked very promising provided we could agree a price. We were then given time to look closely over the car and a couple of items came to my attention, the car only had 6,000 miles but had new rear tyres. I didn't recognise the brand of tyre, think it was Nexen. On closer inspection the rear corner had a paint job that had not been done particularly well, there had been some kind of damage to the car at some point in it's life, whether that same incident caused the tyres (and wheels?) to be replaced I couldn't tell.

We dealt with Sean and he said they would knock
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevint,Mar 5 2008, 11:09 AM
This was followed up by a phone call and text message from Sean saying they he had found out they had swapped the wheels with another car
So somebody else (unsuspecting) will now but an S2000 from them with the incorrect tyres fitted. I suppose it's to be expected from a 2nd hand car dealer though.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:33 AM

Just to add my experiences with this garage..
Didn't actually buy from them in the end, had a look at a couple of cars and put a deposit down on one of them. I phoned them the following day as I had seen something else I liked elsewhere. Expecting to be fobbed off about the deposit, they have actually issued me a full refund.. So quite chuffed as you can imagine. I would recommend them to anyone..
Old 03-06-2008, 02:37 AM

Happy ZZZZZ
Old 03-06-2008, 03:47 AM

God how I wish I had found this thread last week.

I'm in the process of trying to get my deposit refunded, I was told that when I came back to look at the car & pay if there was anything I wasnt happy with then I could get my deposit refunded. I've been on the phone to Dominic today and he is refuting this claim and refuses to refund my [B]

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk