UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Muppets(and that's from my dealings with them)
yep, same

Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 AM

i called them up and was told that i would not get a car anywere for under 12k that was not an import or <100k miles ?? now a friend asked the value of his 2003 car and over the phone they said around 9k so how much profit do they make ! they also seem to advertise on autotrader / pistonheads cars that they sold a LOOOOOoonnggg time ago - this i find annoying as its a waste of my money on a phonecall while they ' hang on let me go check ' and then am told they dont have it ... end of the day they have a high price but sell / buy a lot so im sure they know what they are looking at, but everyone has an off day and lets something slip...
Old 01-17-2008, 06:46 AM

There was a
Old 01-17-2008, 06:48 AM

Most I managed to wangle off my S was
Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 AM

bunch of muppets from my dealings, i'd rather not have an s than buy one from there idiots.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:07 AM

Mine came from there at the end of November... I'm still owed (a small amount) of money - the cheque's been in the post 3 times apparently. I still hold a very important card though, so I have no doubt I'll get the money back.

The car's great, but my trust in them is zero.

Full details when the situation's fully resolved.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by schofs,Jan 17 2008, 08:07 AM

Full details when the situation's fully resolved.
Look forward to it!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM

When i was looking for my S, i was unable to find one locally and was looking at the stock which they had and gave them a call, when i told them what i was after and spec etc (cant remember who i was speaking to) he tried to totally change my mind and was pretty pushy on the phone, so in the end i couldnt be botherd to travel all that way when they are far over priced anyway!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 AM

I know a good car when I see it so was happy with the car when I got it. It was the last car I saw on my trip and I know i paid over the odds but it would have cost me more to go back to the UK and start my search again.So I bought the car late on a Friday night and wanted to take the car with me to save me the cost of going back over. The only problem was the car had a private plate that was to be removed. I agreed to leave them the V5 and take a copy and they promised to get the number transferred and send me the new V5 and the service book in the post the next week. I explained to them that I could not pay the duty on the car without the V5 and they said that they had sold cars to IRL. before so know all about it. So off I go with my S. That was march 07.

So why are they muppets? Well on the way home I noticed a buzzing coming from the car on the overrun (the well known clutch buzz)I thought it was a loose heat shield. I rang them to ask if they could lead me in any direction as what to look for and was told that the S2000 has a carbon fiber clutch and it is known to be noisy. After I stopped laughing I came on here found it in the FAQ replaced the clutch myself problem solved. For someone that advertises as S20004U not to know about this common problem you have to wonder!
So I wait a few weeks and no V5 so I start to make phone calls to be told every time they will ring me back and this never happens. Weeks pass still no V5 after many more phone calls they tell me to deal with the DVLA myself as they sent the V5 back to them, I don't even have the number of the car! After a lot of letters and phone calls to the DVLA I finally get my export forms in Aug. 07, 5 months later! all because S2000FU could not be assed to put a piece of paper into a envelope and put a stamp on it!

On the plus side the VRT in March was 5K I haven't cleared it yet and it has dropped to 3.5K and sorry to whoever now has the number on their car if they have got any speeding fines.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 AM

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk