UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 03-01-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the guy I bought my Wife's S2000 off.

Oakhill have had bad press before but I'm not sure if it's the same managment.

The guy has been forced by the local authourity to shut down his Oakhill of South Warnborough site as they objected to the amount of cars he had on site. He is currently redeveloping the site into Offices instead. He is running his business from his home, which incidently is one of the biggest houses I have ever seen. It is set in its own wood behind electric gates and and has about a 400 yard driveway that leads you into an open court yard complete with fountain and Aston Martin Vanquish. House looks to be around 9 bedrooms. To the right is where he is selling cars from which is through another gate that opens up into a gravelled area with around 20 S2000's, 5 Porsche Boxsters, a couple of Ferrari's and purpose built sales office.

If you are worried, which I don't think you should be, you could always deliver the car to him and have a lookaround, it's worth a nosey.

Do me a favour and mention the S02JZ tyre issue as he doesn't believe me and Honda no longer want to back me up.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:13 AM

which claims they are based in Frimley Green, Surrey...
I work 2 mins from here. Let me know if you want me to drive over & take a gander at anything.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:00 AM

Cheers Guys you've all been extremely helpful!! The guys are due any moment to collect the car.

Sean Horsey is the guy i've been dealing with, well spoken chap, seems to know about the car.

I shall be performing all the checks I can on the draft and he is more than willing to help me.

Im sure it will all go smoothly.

urchin: dunno how you found that website!! I spent ages looking!!

Thanks again guys.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:10 AM

Meet the guy...drive him to your bank and pay the draft in. If your bank say everythings OK, then it should be. Also, they'll have the guy on camera should there be any problems.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:19 AM

Ive had a total nightmare with Oakhill of South Warnborough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes same managment and some company under a different name!

Almost brought my S2000 of them........ But after I was not happy with the car on the test drive refused to give my
Old 03-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I just thought....

If he can go to the bank to get a bankers draft, why can't he just draw cash?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:53 AM

S7EVE

How did you go on with Sean, he's quite pushy isn't he?

Hope everything went well, did you mention the tyres
Old 03-02-2005, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by ian220574,Mar 1 2005, 05:10 AM
Meet the guy...drive him to your bank and pay the draft in. If your bank say everythings OK, then it should be. Also, they'll have the guy on camera should there be any problems.
I'm sure this place is OK BUT

Just a word of warning. A Bankers draft isn't as good as cash, even if it's a genuine draft it only shows the balance in the account when the draft was drawn up. The money could have been withdrawn since the draft was drawn up. It is only guranteed after the money has cleared.

http://www.bba.org.uk/bba/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=263&a=654

I had a young girl who wanted to buy my car, I was already a little suspicious of her becuase she wanted to buy it without even looking at it. She wanted to pay for the car on a friday after the banks had closed, when I wouldnt let her she pulled put of the deal
Old 03-02-2005, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andyds2k,Feb 28 2005, 10:45 PM
Take the bankers draft to the bank and get them to check it out first before parting with your S.
Get your bank to speak to the issuing Bank to confirm the draft's validity.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by mariawhite,Jan 31 2005, 02:44 PM
The plot thickens....

I have just driven past and all the cars have been moved off the forecourt, apart from 2 which were just being driven away.... Wonder if they've been found out again....

Looks like they've either had a particularly successful weekend , or they are closing again!

Nick - I hope you don't have outstanding business with them....
They have been told by the local council that they had too many cars on the site, so they have moved to another temporary site at his massive house.

The original site I believe is to be turned into offices.

I have recently bought a car from them and everything seems in order. If you are to buy a car off them though don't bother with the free Warranty (

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk