UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 02-16-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the S20004U party.....

When I've got a moment later on, I'll cross-reference the IP address with the one Sean What's-his-name posted from earlier in the thread.....
Old 02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Jel

Game on Mark!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Feb 16 2006, 07:20 PM
That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the S20004U party.....

When I've got a moment later on, I'll cross-reference the IP address with the one Sean What's-his-name posted from earlier in the thread.....
I've been keeping an eye on Sean's accounts here

Will check that one too.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Administrator

deister account does not have a matching IP to any of Sean's other accounts. However perhaps he was asked to come and post specifically about this?

Funilly enough Sean STILL hasn't replied to my PM about working together.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:47 PM

In the market for another S and I actually called S2000-4U before reading any of the posts here.

Got told that the guy to deal with was on holiday and to call again next week, asked if I could go and look at what they had and got told no point as he didn't know the prices for them. So looks like Sean is the only one allowed to negotiate a deal!

Will let you all know if I do go and visit.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:04 PM

A lot of you have met me, I'm a real bloke who is genuinely honest most of the time

I bought from Sean back in Jan 05. Trade in value was fair, car was fine, he welcomed DEKRA to do full check over. Only thing that didnt get done was autochanger not fitted as agreed but got reduction to cover cost of me doing myself.

I understand a lot of peep's on here have a prob with someone making a profit out of a car we all love. Its a business to him and he does very well out of it.

One rule I have always followed is never moan, compare or be jealous of someone elses financial fortune - so long as you earn what you need then that is the end of it. I just think Sean does get a tough time here because he is making a business of it.

All this talk of clocking and stuff - if it happened then it did.. if it still happens I cant answer but AA had historical data on mine which matched. It doesnt matter which dealer I buy from I will always do my history checks - if you dont then tough!

I know Ian offered in the past, maybe it is about time Sean got himself to a meet! Would hopefully change the way people feel once they have met him and it might help the community as a whole but if he isnt replying to PM's then what can you do hey!

I do have to agree it is those that have never dealed with him that have the problem. I dont see anyone moaning - except for the odd person who didnt get the paper work or something - sorry but you choose to leave without it then thats your call!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:15 AM

Hmmm, VERY interesting thread.

From a prospective buyer's perspective (try saying that after a few pints!), the most worrying thing in this thread isn't the comments, it's Sean's attitude - he doesn't come across as someone wanting to work with the owners club, more take advantage of it.

While he does APPEAR to have some nice cars on his website, I will be treating it with a pinch of salt, and expecting private-sale prices, as his after-sales appears non-existent, and his warranties sound pointless.

Will I drive all the way down there? Jury's out on that one.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:49 AM

As someone with first hand dealings with him having bought mine from there I would STRONGLY suggest that you steer well clear!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Administrator

Provide more detail, Funbox
Old 02-20-2006, 03:33 AM

If buyers complete all due diligence then the purchase should be no different than buying from any other independent dealer. This is not private sale so your rights are protected as if you bought from a main dealer.

Check everything and agree everything before buying:

- Contract / sales agreement - read the small print
- MOT / V5 - check the details - contact the previous owner
- Check the VIN matches the reg
- Car Data Check - to show if its stolen, write off, finance data, and MILEAGE check
- Vehicle Inspection - e.g. Dekra, or pay a Honda mechanic to take a look
- Pay by credit card to get extra protection
- Don't accept the car until everything is accounted for

Should be enough there.

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk