UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 04-19-2005, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to recent comments reference; Rafael, is it interesting to hear you are a ex-Trading Standards officer. As previously detailed, I have never clocked a car, how you will be able to provide proof of your comments, is beyond me.

Reference Matt B; as you are aware Mr Matt B, you left a deposit to purchase a 2000 Model, 27,000 Mile, FSH, UK S2000. It is normal practise when leaving a deposit to continue the contract and purchase, it is also normal practise to pay the balance, yet again it is normal practise to lose you deposit if you do not comlete.
Yes you suggested there was a fault with the vehicle, HOWEVER, when checked by independant workshops; of which you were supplied their details, NO fault was found.

We offered you as a gesture of goodwill a replacement vehicle, albeit there was nothing wrong with the one you were buying. It is also prudent to note the new owner is very happy with said car.

For the attention of Lurking Lawyer, if you are what you say you are i will trust that you will remove all inappropriate comments immediatley.

As previosly mentionoed, I accept freedom of speech, Although I do not want to get in to a constant exchange of ridiculous comments. I welcome comments from genuine individuals, but, trust me any detriment al comments without any back up or evidence, will be reported to the govening bodies who oversee this website and my lawyers.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:01 PM

30 hrs, 41 mins.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

you say you have never clocked a car, what about other employees in your organisations. can you categorically deny that no cars sold by any one of you previous organisations were clocked?

i suspect not and that the denial is becuase you personally have never clocked a car. but then as a salesman, not a mechanic, that's not too surprising.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=s2000-4u.co.uk,Apr 19 2005, 01:57 PM] Further to recent comments reference; Rafael, is it interesting to hear you are a ex-Trading Standards officer.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by lower,Apr 20 2005, 12:37 AM
you say you have never clocked a car, what about other employees in your organisations. can you categorically deny that no cars sold by any one of you previous organisations were clocked?

i suspect not and that the denial is becuase you personally have never clocked a car. but then as a salesman, not a mechanic, that's not too surprising.
Maybe he cant deny it....but can he be held responsible for another individual's actions going back a number of years.....
Referring back to a number of members who have recently bought from him and are satisfied with their car isn't it only fair to give the guy a chance?

n.b. I bought my S from Sean in January and have had no problems with the car. When I discovered that the manual was missing from the pack, it took a quick telephone call and hey presto, 2 days later it arrived in the post........
Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 AM

Like I said before, Sean seemed genuine and enthusiastic. I wouldn't want to see his company blackened if these claims are unsubstantiated. It's only fair he comes on here and defends himself.

This forum is bigger than this surely?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:30 AM

Further to recent comments reference; Rafael, is it interesting to hear you are a ex-Trading Standards officer. As previously detailed, I have never clocked a car, how you will be able to provide proof of your comments, is beyond me.
Hi Sean,

Your comments are interesting. I never mentinoed that I could prove my comments!! (they are just personal opinions), neither did I mention that I was a Trading Standars Officer.

I was simply a civil servant working for Trading Standards. Also the information I obtained was with regrads to Oakhill of South Warnborough a number of years ago and I no way related to my work (an old friend of a friend who actually part exed the car with yourselfs)

I only mentioned that I worked for Trading Standards as from experienced I gained whilst in my post very few leopards change their spots! (altough granted some do).

The car that I am talking about was a Toyota Celica pexed to "Oakhill of South Warnborough" which I undersatnd was you or you were associated with (please correct me if I am wrong and I will remove my origional post).

This information may or may not be true it is merly my opion and iformation that I have been givenI can't prove any of my comments and never said that I could.

As this is a public discussion board I fell that it is valuable to leave all comments untouched, both good and bad.

As we know you must have many customers, all of whom will not be happy customers but many of whom will be extremely satisfied with your service.

I am merly passing on information to other members of the boards!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by k3vin,Apr 20 2005, 01:21 AM

Like I said before, Sean seemed genuine and enthusiastic. I wouldn't want to see his company blackened if these claims are unsubstantiated. It's only fair he comes on here and defends himself.

This forum is bigger than this surely?
Its not about being bigger than this, im only letting people know about my thoughts after dealing with them. After all the post is about having dealings this S2000 4U
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 AM

I think I'll stick to my local Honda dealer even if it means paying premium price. How often does the saying "you get what you pay for" seem to come true today.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrs Mck,Apr 20 2005, 08:49 AM
Maybe he cant deny it....but can he be held responsible for another individual's actions going back a number of years.....
Referring back to a number of members who have recently bought from him and are satisfied with their car isn't it only fair to give the guy a chance?

n.b. I bought my S from Sean in January and have had no problems with the car. When I discovered that the manual was missing from the pack, it took a quick telephone call and hey presto, 2 days later it arrived in the post........
if he worked for or ran a company which knowingly clocked cars, then yes he can be held responsible. i think that sean's comments that he has never clocked a car mean that he has never personally clocked a car. but, as i said in a previous post, knowing the number of dissatisfied customers he has had in the past under various trading names, i have heard nothing from them to indicate that anything has changed, other than the types of cars he is now selling. Matt B's experience only reinforces my belief.

i do not have documentary evidence to prove that he clocked a car, but as i said in a previous post, a good friend of mine saw a car he had sold to one of sean's previous companies appear on their forcourt with less miles.

Again as i have said in a previous post, i hope that now they are selling newer, higher quality cars, the problems people have had with in the past will not repeat, and i am not suggesting that they are clocking cars now. But i do want to warn people that in my opinion, no money should be handed over until a potential buyer has all documentation, and all issues with the car have been resolved.

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk