UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

This thread (and associated bad press) has been going for 8 years though...
Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Coincidentally (see previous page of thread), I have just rediscovered and prominentally refiled my "Money Claim Online" papers. I have used this very economical service for some time, receiving redress from £55 to £2,200 per claim - only once has process failed (when company concerned went into liquidation).

This service is very simple to use and is by far the cheapest option for processing "small" claims.

Go on, give a try and make a con merchants life a little less pleasant!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WISH I HAD READ this before I had brought my Astra Vxr last Sunday !!!!!!
what can I say about s2000 4 u ?
DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THEM
I picked up my Astra Vxr on Sunday it looked lovely outside when the car was wet ! I brought this car over the phone as I was told it was mint and not a mark on the car all the tyres where Good Gtc ! When I got there as I said it looked nice the car is red and was parked out the back it was wet from the rain the night before ! He had put a mot on the car for me and on the mot it had a advisory on the 2 front tyres ! So I said to Steve ( the guy that sold me this mint car) and them so he said Dw I will call you on Monday and sort them out for you. I was happy with this so of I went !
Monday came no phone call ! But this is noting yet ! !!!!
I then washed the car on Sunday night then put the car in my unit when I came back from work to take a drive in my new car I then see all of the body work !!!!!!! The roof is pink and the whole car has been moped badly so Badly that they even burnt throw the paint work on the drives door and the whole car is miss match not one panel matchs at all!!! Tool the car to 3 spray places and they have all said that car has been moped badly and have all said it now will need a full respray they won't mop the car because there's no paint left to mop !!!!!! I then told Steve at s20004u about this and he said don't worry we will get this sorted for you let me speak to my boss later and I will call you back well I rang everyday and they kept saying the same thing etc I then got hold of the boss (Sean) who then said he knew noting about this and the said as a favour to me he would get HIS body shop to look at it and spray the door ! Then I said we'll its gonna cost me loads of money to get the car to you and I am going to have to take a day of work and lose money !! Then I said what about the whole car he laughed at me and said well I can get the body shop to mop it for you cheaper but I have to pay for that !!! Well after all of that I went to ats to have a health check on the car well it needs brakes 2 tyres new battery exhaust needs sorting out brake fluid needs changing wheel aliment and its due for a service !!!!!!!!! IT GETS BETTER !!! I then have been looking into my finance agreement I have a 15day cooling of period that is stated on the agreement witch I can return the goods for no reason what so ever !! I went back up there today and this is how it went !!!!!! Steve agreed that the paint work is not so good (but can't understand what's happend to it) as its been in his forecourt for 3months and its been fine !!!!! Insaid about them paying for it to be respeayed and he said its up to his boss I then said well I want to return the car as I wasn't happy with the paint work etc he said na mate don't work like that ! I then said I wanted to see the hpi check he said no ! Then I asked for him
To call his boss as he's the only one that can't sort this out he then also said no !!!!!!!!!!!! And to talk to the finance house about my car as I can't return it !!!! So that's where I am at the moment !!!! If anyone has brought a car from there could u please message me as all of the story's and complaints will help me and I need help where to go from here ASAP thanks nick
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM

Took! Sorry about my spelling typeing it on my iPhone
Old 02-24-2013, 01:37 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravden
I brought this car over the phone as I was told it was mint and not a mark on the car.................
Thats where you lost my sympathy.

What do you expect from ANY car dealer?
Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ravden
I WISH I HAD READ this before I had brought my Astra Vxr last Sunday !!!!!!
what can I say about s2000 4 u ?
DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THEM
I picked up my Astra Vxr on Sunday it looked lovely outside when the car was wet ! I brought this car over the phone as I was told it was mint and not a mark on the car all the tyres where Good Gtc ! When I got there as I said it looked nice the car is red and was parked out the back it was wet from the rain the night before ! He had put a mot on the car for me and on the mot it had a advisory on the 2 front tyres ! So I said to Steve ( the guy that sold me this mint car) and them so he said Dw I will call you on Monday and sort them out for you. I was happy with this so of I went !
Monday came no phone call ! But this is noting yet ! !!!!
I then washed the car on Sunday night then put the car in my unit when I came back from work to take a drive in my new car I then see all of the body work !!!!!!! The roof is pink and the whole car has been moped badly so Badly that they even burnt throw the paint work on the drives door and the whole car is miss match not one panel matchs at all!!! Tool the car to 3 spray places and they have all said that car has been moped badly and have all said it now will need a full respray they won't mop the car because there's no paint left to mop !!!!!! I then told Steve at s20004u about this and he said don't worry we will get this sorted for you let me speak to my boss later and I will call you back well I rang everyday and they kept saying the same thing etc I then got hold of the boss (Sean) who then said he knew noting about this and the said as a favour to me he would get HIS body shop to look at it and spray the door ! Then I said we'll its gonna cost me loads of money to get the car to you and I am going to have to take a day of work and lose money !! Then I said what about the whole car he laughed at me and said well I can get the body shop to mop it for you cheaper but I have to pay for that !!! Well after all of that I went to ats to have a health check on the car well it needs brakes 2 tyres new battery exhaust needs sorting out brake fluid needs changing wheel aliment and its due for a service !!!!!!!!! IT GETS BETTER !!! I then have been looking into my finance agreement I have a 15day cooling of period that is stated on the agreement witch I can return the goods for no reason what so ever !! I went back up there today and this is how it went !!!!!! Steve agreed that the paint work is not so good (but can't understand what's happend to it) as its been in his forecourt for 3months and its been fine !!!!! Insaid about them paying for it to be respeayed and he said its up to his boss I then said well I want to return the car as I wasn't happy with the paint work etc he said na mate don't work like that ! I then said I wanted to see the hpi check he said no ! Then I asked for him
To call his boss as he's the only one that can't sort this out he then also said no !!!!!!!!!!!! And to talk to the finance house about my car as I can't return it !!!! So that's where I am at the moment !!!! If anyone has brought a car from there could u please message me as all of the story's and complaints will help me and I need help where to go from here ASAP thanks nick
Thats terrible. I work for a car dealership and you can return the car if your not happy with it.

Get onto the finance company mate
Old 02-24-2013, 03:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by Ravden' timestamp='1361660492' post='22358657
I brought this car over the phone as I was told it was mint and not a mark on the car.................
Thats where you lost my sympathy.

What do you expect from ANY car dealer?
I feel very sorry for the OP. He sounds young and inexperienced, as we all were once. Not bitter and twisted like us cynical old farts. He'll get there though!

It was not necessarily a bad question to ask over the phone. I have used it as a filter so as not to wast time travelling a distance to see a pig. Current S2000 was bought from a midlands Honda dealer, I'm in the softer south, and I asked for the details over the phone, warts an' all - he commented on pebble rash, state of tyres, service history etc and volunteered 2 v slight bodywork dings. I offered a fair price over the phone because of this (1k less that advertised) and commented that if it was exactly how he described I would buy it. It was and I did. Not volunteering information is one thing, lying is quite another.

Of course, if the salesman says it's mint over the phone, and then when you get there it isn't, You don't buy it or any other car from them, do you? You still have to check it over yourself, test drive, look at paperwork etc. It's this latter stuff that's a must!

I visited the OP's seller when looking for an S and walked away. a mile off.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Sean Horsey's stopped issuing silly threats.

I wonder if he's been burgered?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
Sean Horsey's stopped issuing silly threats.

I wonder if he's been burgered?
Possibly, there are a lot of people who have a beef with him.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM

I got this car from s2000 4 u as it seemed like a big garage and when I rang up it was everything I wanted and was looking for ! I have all ways wanted a Vxr and spent a long time finding one ! I have never brought a car from a garage and I have always been told if I am going to buy a car for a big sum of money go to a garage then you have warranty and it won't be a crap car ! When I got there the car did look mint (its a red one) in the rain the only thing I could see was the tyres on the front where low (he agreed to but tyres on the car ) he was going to call me Monday and pay for the tyres ! HE NEVER DID anyways like I have said I got it home put it in my garage went there Monday after the car had dryed and the car has gone pink not on panal matches on the car and the bonnet had been badly sprayed ! I now have taking the car to ats and they said about the brakes and loads of other stuff ! The car was mot on Friday I picked it up Sunday !!!!! I will be talking to the finance company in the morning and I am sure there going to go in my favour about this (I hope) but if anyone wants to help me out and if they want to know about this garage from people that have been there on this site could you please contact me I am sure there's people out there that have been done over like me ? That would like to see these cowboys be stopped ? This is what has happend to me and I am not gonna stop until this is resolved so if anyone that has been done over buy these guys let me no ASAP

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk