UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 08-07-2012, 09:29 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I think Pistonheads would be interested in this thread actually.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel free to quote my post a few pages back if you do. Should still have all the emails on my old account somewhere
Old 08-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to S20004U because they had several for sale and by calling themselves this I thought that they would be a good place to buy mine from.
The one I settled on had quite a few things I wanted tidied/completed prior to buying it but we struck a good deal, I paid my £500 deposit and I looked forward to picking it up. Unfortunately, it took over a week for the first part of the remedial work to be started, no communication and general poor customer service and when they decided not to honor the deal we struck, I was offered my deposit back when I complained.
I think that I had to make in excess of 20 phone calls, sent multiple emails and it was not until I involved my credit card company that the deposit was finally returned.
Perhaps, there are many that have had a good buying experience with S20004U but I was very disappointed by their customer service and the more I look back on the car and what it needed for the mileage covered/the price being asked, then I'm relieved not to have bought it.
A couple of weeks later, I found another S2000 at an independent dealer and I am now absolutely loving my new toy!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Herri
Perhaps, there are many that have had a good buying experience with S20004U
OK name two of them and I'll be impressed, if they ever sell a good car it will be by accident.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:36 AM

Why or why didn't I read this thread before I bought a car from S2000-4U. I have had 4 months of hell trying to get a refund and have now settled for another car in replacement, just to get this ordeal over and done with. It is not the car I want but it has to be better than the piece of crap I traded in my much loved X5 for. I only traded in the X5 to reduce the fuel consumption and get something more economical and what I ended up with was a disaster. The car I got had:

1. Different engine to the one on the V5 and, according to the garage that checked it, not a good one
2. CD player didn't work
3. Air con didn't work (rectified)
4. Massive fuel emissions - this was then sent off and a new intercooler and second hand turbo fitted - did not fix the problem
5. Brakes can be heard to be sticking when driven
6. Engine 'breathes' causing excessive fuel consumption and black smoke!
7. Boot lock hard to open

How, you ask, did this all get missed when I did the test drive ... stupidly, I let myself be hurried and didn't test drive but TRUSTED that it was a good car. Drove away, filled with fuel, drove straight back within 10 minutes and said I wouldn't have bought the car if I'd driven it - was told "it's not an X5 take it away and try it!". The worst decision of my life was walking on to that forecourt.

I have been told I would win a case if I took it to court but it could take months and I can't sleep at night, so I have settled for another car (which I have also been told is not worth the money). In fact, when I first was told about it I was given the price and when I said I didn't want it, they put it on the website and the forecourt at £1000 less. When I went back and said I would consider it, I was told that the price on it was a mistake and I wouldn't get £1000 cashback that I had considered fair.

Please, please, if you know anyone thinking of buying from Sean Horsley's sham of a business - DONT LET THEM
Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Grinnall
Anyone who reads this forum... Do not buy anything from S2000 4u, all the comments on here are true believe me, i have just stumbled on this forum and i wish i had looked for reviews of the cowboys at s20004u before i bought my car from them. I went to them thinking it was a safer way to buy a car, rather than a private seller who could sell me a lemon. HOW WRONG I WAS!! They are worse than any private seller could ever be! They are all nicey nicey till they get a deposit off you, then it's all downhill from there. I looked at the car and they said they would sort all the problems on it and service it and valet it. What a joke! The valet consisted of spraying silicone everywhere inside and smearing polish on the outside but not rubbing it off properly, and the service was non existant in my opinion, as all the wiper blades were still knackered. (And they couldn't produce an invoice from the garage that did the service). The car was waiting for me in that condition and the fuel tank was completely empty and there was no road tax (they had probably cashed it in) and a tyre was bald. I had no choice but to go ahead or i would lose my deposit. I wish someone had warned me about them so that's why i've come on here to warn everyone, and i will be telling all my friends, family, workmates, neighbours etc and i am going to report them to pistonheads and anywhere else they advertise.
If you need anyone to back up your report, please feel free to put me forward. I hate that I haven't pursued this in court and let them get away with what they have done to me, but I just dont have the stomach for this kind of fight.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Woodster
The car I got had:

4. Massive fuel emissions - this was then sent off and a new intercooler and second hand turbo fitted - did not fix the problem
Just in reference to point 4, I was under the impression that S2000 engine is NA. Surely you would have checked the engine etc if its turbo charged or am I just being stupid?

*Edit* my bad, I thought they only sell S2000s but they sell all sorts.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I expect he didn't buy an s2000 there
Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 AM

AE, can we change the title of this thread to "DO NOT BUY FROM S20004U" ? Or would that be unfair advertising?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a shame that Classic & Sports Car appear to legitimise them. My link

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk