UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not exactly high praise! I have seen a car that I like there and test drove it to my satisfaction a week ago. Service was as I expected from a used car salesman! I ended up walking away because he was inflexible on price. Then emailed back to say offer accepted... gave some BS story, but I have to remember I'm dealing with a used car salesman.

I will double check all the paperwork when I get there and the tyres.

I'm going to pay £10,100 plus my mgtf (not in great nick) for a 06/06 silver/black car (non-GT) with 29k. which has a full service history and looks mint. HPI is clear and shows no mileage discrepancy. The convenience alone of trading in I think would be worth it. I have looked hard for a dealer car with no success and with high prices. I plan to use a local Honda dealer for servicing and after my mg will get some sort of warranty cover with a 3rd party. Can I extend the Honda warranty?

Any advice is appreciated. Think I'm still going to go ahead.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by tom_nieto
Not exactly high praise! I have seen a car that I like there and test drove it to my satisfaction a week ago. Service was as I expected from a used car salesman! I ended up walking away because he was inflexible on price. Then emailed back to say offer accepted... gave some BS story, but I have to remember I'm dealing with a used car salesman.

I'm going to pay £10,100 plus my mgtf (not in great nick) for a 06/06 silver/black car (non-GT) with 29k. which has a full service history and looks mint. HPI is clear and shows no mileage discrepancy. The convenience alone of trading in I think would be worth it. I have looked hard for a dealer car with no success and with high prices. I plan to use a local Honda dealer for servicing and after my mg will get some sort of warranty cover with a 3rd party. Can I extend the Honda warranty?

BARGE POLE!

Is not 48 pages of posts enough?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by tom_nieto' timestamp='1313695578' post='20891203

BARGE POLE!

Is not 48 pages of posts enough?

I'd ask about the alignment bolts too...although I'd expect a answer from these thieving tw@ts.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Don't say we didn't tell you so......
Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tom_nieto

Don't.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Might as well throw the money directly in the bin. You'd get better value that way.

Don't do it. Take time and buy from a respected dealer or privately.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surely this has top be a better option: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/890...a-s2000-gt-04/

From a Forum member, its a GT, fantastic condition, almost the same mileage and your TF must be worth £1500?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy with your brain, not with your heart! However difficult it may be!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tom_nieto, please read my post on page 44.................
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I've got some magic beans for sale.

I'll swap them for your TF & £1,000 folding.

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk