UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Penelope Ptistop,Feb 21 2011, 08:42 PM
Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am grateful to S20004u! Its because of them I found this forum. I was looking for an S2000 and found S20004u and was excited as they had loads in stock and were only up the road from me. Before I went to see them I googled them, found a review on this forum (probably this actual topic) and chose to avoid them. Got my S from Honda Chiswick eventually and have been really pleased with it and with them. S20004u defo lost my business due to this forum so a job well done from you lot and you all probably saved me a lot of money and grief so Cheers!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:44 PM

The administrator refuses to retain my review because I can't prove that when I went to Hampshire, some 100 or so miles from inner London, that the stock was not there as quoted in my review or the mileage for instance was an outrageous lie.

I think we can safely suggest the reviewcentre is not exactly assisting with matters here. Impartial or just too scared to uphold our views?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by walshie,Feb 21 2011, 02:44 PM
The administrator refuses to retain my review because I can't prove that when I went to Hampshire, some 100 or so miles from inner London, that the stock was not there as quoted in my review or the mileage for instance was an outrageous lie.

I think we can safely suggest the reviewcentre is not exactly assisting with matters here. Impartial or just too scared to uphold our views?
Similar response for my review. Aparently they don't belive I know how to use the phone! I think we need a thread "Review web sites to avoid".
Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I think we should shop the review site too!

Who to though?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Feb 22 2011, 12:23 AM
I think we should shop the review site too!

Who to though?
Good point a couple of weeks ago it became a legal requirement that internet advertising had to be factulal and honest, anyone know who to report it to?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
DCC

No one regulates the internet yet... but Ofcom/Advertising Standards Agency have been given the task and will be publishing a full set of regs in the next few months... wouldn't hurt to give them some first blood to go after!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 AM

It is interesting to note that the B&B, that refused to provide accommodation to a gay couple, have been driven out of business by untrue posts on Trip Advisor.

Whilst the B&B could prove that the people posting the reviews had never stayed at their premises - some even claimed to have stayed during the winter when the B&B was closed - Trip Advisor initially refused to take the posts down.

It was only when there was adverse publicity (about Trip Advisor) in the media, that they relented and withdrew these malicious reviews.

WTG!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Banned

Couple of things... The ASA will be regulating internet advertisements in the near future, it's not realy up and running with this yet. But it doesn't hurt to complain to them and the local Trading Standards office if you would like. It will bring them to the attention of some beurocrats that are about to get laid off and may be looking for something to justify their existance.

Review websites are a tricky thing. Business owners can insist that bad reveiws are removed unless they can be completely substantiated or they can hold both the poster and the website liable for libel. One of the wonderful things about the English law system is that anyone can sue anyone from anywhere in the world for libel. It's easier for some review websites to simply remove postings that business owners complain about then deal with the threat of letters from solicitors.

Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't more cases of libel resulting from internet postings in this country...
Old 02-22-2011, 02:14 AM

Yep, dreframatory claims must be able to be backed up, and must be able to prove in court that the negative reviews you've made are accurate, otherwise technically they could sue you for damages to their business.

You cant make a review "anonymously", as then the onus just falls on the website owner (how can they prove its not just them posting and claming to be anon?).

Technically this forum could be held libel for damages to S2000-4u for the claims people have made in this thread, unless theycan all be fully substantiated.

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk