UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk

Old 03-05-2010, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold them my last S2000 in a smooth and friendly transaction
Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 AM

"Checked Co's house, Sports and Prestige was disolved but no date given."

The company has NOT been dissolved
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was just covering bases, as my S2000 is for sale.
But CC is right, prices are retrograde in a big way.
I may keep the thing in the end.
And SC it
Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 AM

Hi everyone

Thought I would report on my recent experiences with S20004U. I’m an experienced forum user (although new to S2Ki) and understand that reviews based on opinion are rarely of any use, so I have kept this factual, with just minimal comment on my personal feelings.

If you want the short version, here’s a summary:

I went to S20004U to view a car I had seen on their website. I was allowed to look around at the car at my leisure and was offered a test drive. I bought the car, discovered a couple of minor problems and they were rectified to my satisfaction fairly quickly.

Here’s the full version:

I approached S20004U in February 2010 after seeing a nice 3 year old S2000 for sale. It was the colour I wanted (Navy blue) and was advertised with 38,000 miles.

I arrived (on a weekday around 11:30 am) and was greeted by one of the sales guys (Steve Hines). I was offered tea/coffee and we went outside to look at the car I had come to see. He handed me the keys and invited me to sit in it, start it up and have a look under the bonnet etc. He left me alone to look at the car at my leisure for a minute and then he came back and offered me a test drive, which I accepted. He drove for the first couple of miles and took things smoothly, letting the engine warm up. We pulled over and I jumped into the driver’s seat to take it for a run. I noticed the mileage was a little higher than advertised (40,000 not 38,000).

The car drove fine as expected. It had 9 months MOT, 4 months tax and the bills to show full Honda service history.

Back in the show room we sat down and talked money. I had a car to part-ex, so we went back outside so he could examine the car I wanted to part-ex. We agreed on a price for the part-ex vehicle and I put down a £500 deposit on the S2000. I paid the deposit by credit card and there was a surcharge of 3% (so £15).

I collected the car the following week (paying via CHAPS transfer the day before).

Once home I soon realised that there was a chip in the windscreen (passenger side) and I didn’t have an owners hand book pack (including the service booklet stamped by the dealer at each service). I emailed S20004U and Sean Horsey replied. He offered to send out a handbook pack, pay for me to get a new service booklet from Honda (who stamped it retrospectively) and pay for me to have the windscreen chip repaired (S20004U can do on site windscreen repairs but I live miles away).

The handbook pack arrived safely by recorded delivery.

I phoned the Honda dealership who serviced the car and they sent me a service booklet and were able to look up the cars service records and stamp the service history accordingly. This cost about £10.

I had the windscreen chip repaired locally. This cost about £30.

I sent details of the above costs to S20004U and they sent me a cheque.

I'm happy - The car is as it should be and drives like a dream.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it just me or is there another whiff of troll about this post?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 AM

Well I will stick to the facts also.

Purchased my S2000 from them about two and a half years ago.

Liked it, checked it out, test drove it, agreed a price and paid a deposit.

As the car had just past 3 years it required MOT so I collected a week later with fresh MOT.

So far no problems, but......

I got a puncture, and realised both rear tyres were illegal (extremely low) so purchased two new tyres and kicked myself for not spotting this when I purchased the car (although I thought I had).

Here is the problem (and I this only occurred to me months later) there is no way it would have passed that MOT on those tyres.

You may draw your own conclusions, but there are the facts.

Now for my opinion:

Avoid these people and buy elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by James Rae,Mar 16 2010, 02:02 PM
The car drove fine as expected. It had 9 months MOT, 4 months tax and the bills to show full Honda service history.

Once home I soon realised that there was a chip in the windscreen (passenger side) and I didn’t have an owners hand book pack (including the service booklet stamped by the dealer at each service).

So you went to see a car, saw some receipts, never checked the history and bought the car without any evidence of it

I guess they are getting very cheap now people dont care about the basics

As it goes I bought and sold through them and didnt have any issues as have been mentioned. There is no smoke without fire but a lot of people like to slag these guys off without having ever met them..
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by nickrg3,Mar 16 2010, 07:59 AM
So you went to see a car, saw some receipts, never checked the history and bought the car without any evidence of it
The invoices were present for every service and have the reg details of the car etc on them - I've always taken this as firm evidence, perhaps more so than a service book, which can easily be stamped fraudulently and made to look like the car has a full history.

As it happens I phoned the Honda dealer who performed the services to check up on them and confirm the diff oil had been replaced. All seemed fine.

It's a 3 year old car, so I will admit to being slightly less stringent then I would have been if I was buying older.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've heard and tried to help a number of bad stories, Matt. Not just those who whine when they don't get a deposit back - in the main people with niggles about their purchase which are not resolved promptly.

We also read good stories on the forum too.

However the number of complaints I hear both on and off the forum puts me off these people, from a personal perspective.

I don't think the poster above is "trolling" given what I have looked at.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I know we've all heard the bad stories about this company but this drives really does drive me insane.

A car that has been owned since new by members of this board is being advertised on their site right now. I know for a fact that they have misrepresented the mileage by about 9000 miles so they can stick it up at a premium.

Quick Reply: Buying from www.s2000-4u.co.uk