UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Buying a warranty or new car ?

Old 04-25-2003, 04:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]All honda UK or dealer warranties come with AA assistance.

I don't get this? Why the hell is there two types of warranties that cost the same but carry different cover?!
Old 04-25-2003, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul.....lol.

I remember me and you having this conversation about 6 months ago when i bought my extended warranty and i was enquiring about price. Your price was around the same as everyone elses yet had superman cover?! (git)

Yeah, mine has that honda AA assistance thing as well....

Honda Uk is......as ever.....engaged. 01753 590760 is the number i have - is that right?
Old 04-25-2003, 05:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]Paul.....lol.

I remember me and you having this conversation about 6 months ago when i bought my extended warranty and i was enquiring about price.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:37 AM

Well I've checked out independent cover and the most reasonable I can find is from Warranty Direct

Gold Cover - seems to mention practically every part I can think of up to a limit of
Old 04-25-2003, 05:42 AM

Stummo, why would you get independent over Honda+AA at about the same cost?
Old 04-25-2003, 05:47 AM

Originally posted by Stummo
Well I've checked out independent cover and the most reasonable I can find is from Warranty Direct
Absolute B*****ds to get money out of and their phones always engaged. I had one of their warranties on a mk2 Golf 16v and the water pump broke, I spent all day trying to get through to them until the last minute when I put the car in the garage myself so I could get home that night. When I tried to claim the next day, they said that since the work was already done they wouldn't pay for it, even though I had the faulty part to show them.

IMHO if you buy a warranty through a main dealer they then have to get the money out of the warranty company and can usually do this. If you have one of the independant warranties you have to get the repairs approved yourself and that can be an absolute nightmare.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:49 AM

sorry not quite got the hang of this yet

quote .....
"Stummo, why would you get independent over Honda+AA at about the same cost?"

Because I've not been in touch with Honda yet - I'll phone them tommorrow when I've got more time and a few examples of what the competition has to offer.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:01 AM

Press the quote button in the top right hand corner of the post you want to quote from, then edit out what you don't want. Easy!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:37 AM

I had a warranty with Warranty Holdings on my Corrado. When I needed a new radiator (pinhole leak) they were fine.

Basically you must ensure that a) all the important bits are covered and b) there's no upper limit (e.g. first
Old 04-27-2003, 12:15 PM

Guys,

I'm also in the market for an extended warranty, so I went and had a chat with my service manager at my local Honda Dealership.

He informs me that Honda have just recently revised their warranty offer. For any Honda car, you can now take out two forms of cover

Level1 Cover (ref: HN2)
or
Level2 Cover (ref:HCU1)

In addition to this, for both Level's of cover you can add : AA cover, MOT Guarantee, Tyre Guarantee,
and for the Level1 ONLY, you can add the new "Wear and Tear"

When I asked the reason for this Wear&Tear option, he explained to me that was Honda UK's response to a number of claims where the faulty component had not completely "FAILED" and therefore did not qualify to be replaced under warranty, (he gave me an example where something about a badly worn shocker mount didn't qualify as a warranty candidate, as the shocker hadn't actually failed!!

I've got a copy of the Warranty Terms and Conditions which I could scan and make available if anybodies interested.

Stiv

Quick Reply: Buying a warranty or new car ?