UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Burn Motosport

Old 08-28-2016, 02:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevo071077
You can even choose between 'blueprinted' (not sure what that means) F20 or F22 engines.
Blueprinted is where the engine is hand built and each component is carefully measured and several of the corresponding components are measured and nearest to the ideal match is used. The engine is then delivering the best power that it was designed to.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. Is the result of that blueprinting process a higher specification than the original factory engine, I wonder?

Although even if was, it mightn't be enough to soften the £10k + VAT blow!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Talk about relabelling the spoonsports.eu website. Identical responsive site. I won't be buying from either until I know what's going on. Anthony on occasion has been a bit slow in comms and delivery but always got there in the end.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info. Is the result of that blueprinting process a higher specification than the original factory engine, I wonder?

Although even if was, it mightn't be enough to soften the £10k + VAT blow!
Yes, a higher spec as the engine is hand built and all the components are carefully matched to each other. More for the race track than every day road use.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry_Attric
I placed an order with Burn at the beginning of August, which was duly acknowledged, but since then I have heard nothing more from them. Messages have been unanswered, and the phone just goes to an answering service. Needless to say, payment has been taken from my account.

Does anyone know what the score is?

Mike
Hi Mike. PM sent. We have been through a re brand and move so a lot going on but no excuse for lack of comms. The whole thing would have been easier if everyone in hadn't been stuck down with some illness or another.

Originally Posted by KristianP
Yeah I doubt it's intentional, I've bought a fair few things from them recently and in the past and always had good service from them.
Definitely 100% based in the UK map link

Originally Posted by mcrossley
Have they morphed into Taikyu?
https://www.taikyu.uk/
Also based in Rooksbridge, Somerset, and incorporated on 16 June 2016, with Anthony Smith a director of both companies.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...13962/officers
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...34775/officers
We have been through a re-organisation / re-brand and introduced a new director to the company. All the better. Including a new premises and more stock!

Taikyu's website looks good. They're retailing everything you're likely to need to keep an S2k - and other cult Hondas - running into the future so they've obviously considered the market.

You can even choose between 'blueprinted' (not sure what that means) F20 or F22 engines.

The price of Dixcel brakes looks to have inflated a little though.
Thanks for the comments on the website. WE are going to be adding a great deal more OEM and JDM aftermarket parts very soon.

Originally Posted by MB
The Yen vs £ isn't good now
Where is the train wreck emoji when you need one. Its hit us hard at the wrong time. Since the day before Boris announced he was out we have lost about 35% in the yen We held out at the old prices as long as we could but you can't run a business at a loss

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Monopoly money is worth more than sterling these days.

Originally Posted by CynicG
Talk about relabelling the spoonsports.eu website. Identical responsive site. I won't be buying from either until I know what's going on. Anthony on occasion has been a bit slow in comms and delivery but always got there in the end.
We have 5 or 6 sites that run off the same back end using the same responsive site including the Spoonsport.eu site being translated professionally in to French and Italian (yet to be launched). We are trying to run the same branding / feeling through each site to show continuity.

Very soon, we will update the forum logo's etc and historic threads. Sorry for any confusion caused.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:20 AM
CDP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jerry_Attric
I placed an order with Burn at the beginning of August, which was duly acknowledged, but since then I have heard nothing more from them. Messages have been unanswered, and the phone just goes to an answering service. Needless to say, payment has been taken from my account.

Does anyone know what the score is?

Mike
I wouldn't hold your breath. I ordered a pair of rear Dixcel discs on 22/04/16 and after many many emails they finally arrived on 17/06/16! Here are some of the emails..

On 27 Apr 2016, at 12:53
You will receive a email from UPS once shipped. Ill keep you posted.

Sent: 25 May 2016 07:20
It's been over 4 weeks since I placed this order. Can I have an update on it please?

Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:47:25
DIXCEL have been running behind from Golden Week in Japan. Sorry about that. I have just checked for your part and the rotors are on the current shipment from Japan. They should be arriving in the next few days. We will ship them out UPS the day the arrive.

Sent: 07 June 2016 15:44
It's now been 6 weeks! I've still heard nothing.
Please let me know what is going on.

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:58:45 +0000
Anthony is currently away. Japan have been slow in getting this sorted. The best eta I can get is the middle of next week. I have been told it is something to do with some new export laws. Sorry for the continued delays and hassle with your order. We have many customers in the same boat as you and all we can do is apologise. I will let you know once I have any further updates.

Now I understand that these had to come from Japan, and that "Golden Week" happened. But I thought it was taking the biscuit a bit. They were however the cheapest rear discs I could find for my Impreza Type R and I did get them eventually!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can't always rely on orders from overseas, surely some buffer stock is kept to stop delays in orders?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
You can't always rely on orders from overseas, surely some buffer stock is kept to stop delays in orders?
We try to hold a wide range of stock but with over 5k different Japanese part numbers and at lease 4 different variances of each it is very hard to have everything!

The S2000 is a model we focus on and try to always have but with the cost of shipping (heavy) and less favourable exchange rates to keep the products affordable for the end users we have to combine shipments with back orders and special orders. It can push out time scales especially when you throw in holiday's like Golden week and Bon.

The recent changes from Burn to Taikyu are all about being able to stock more and improve order processing. We look forward to investment coming soon to allow us to increase stock to over 250k which is twice what we hold now.