UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bumped.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Bumped.

Nipped out to go to the chippy, cars parked all along the front so I went to turn up a small side road to park around back when one of the "parked" cars drives into the passenger door. We park up and the other drivers claims I cut in front of him to enter side road which I denied. He then gets stroppy cause it's a hire car and he's liable for the first £150 of any damage and so calls the police to have me "arrested" .
Police aren't interested and so we exchange details with him still insisting I'm to blame, and I should give him the £150 he'll be out of pocket. WTF.
So with no more to say I leave him sitting in the Astra swearing and glowering at me, and head home minus the chips. I've called Chris Knott and someone will be in touch tomorrow regarding what to do next regarding quotes/repairs, I'll wait to see who they want me to take it to before I agree to anything.
Sorry about the rant, needed to get it off my chest, just spoken to the wife, she's sitting in the airport in Tenerife waiting to fly home, "sort it and sell it" was her reply, sounds like I'm in bother there.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unlucky Martin, looks like the twunt is trying to get out of it as he realised its his fault, it may go for a knock for knock

No witnesses etc?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have photos?
Get a photo of your car. Drawings of what happened.

The investigating team will be able to tell the difference between a car hitting a door and a door hitting a car.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

No witness's, all scampered away, Made notes and a drawing whilst still fresh in my head and surely the police will have a record/tape of his call telling them he was parked when I crossed in front of him if the insurance won't to enquire.?
Ach as long as I'm not hurt the car will sort, although knock for knock will cost me the excess. Bugger.

Why didn't I just take the beater. I would care then.

Edit. Just had a call from local police asking about accident, they have a note of a vague call and had only my details so needed more info and gave me a call code number for my insurance, the officer seemed to agree that it didn't sound that I was to blame and the other party was hoping to wriggle out of the blame.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just stick to your guns. The insurers will probably try and apportion blame on you and you may also lose your NCB in the interim. Go back to the place and take photos etc. See how it goes. I was involved in a similar incident around 7 years ago and direct line were f&*cking useless in actively pursuing the matter to end the matter. It took over 2 year of constant pressure on my part but eventually they found in my favour as the other party's insurer gave way (or just could not be bothered to deal with it anymore)
Old 11-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by martin j,Nov 6 2009, 09:24 PM
Edit. Just had a call from local police asking about accident, they have a note of a vague call and had only my details so needed more info and gave me a call code number for my insurance, the officer seemed to agree that it didn't sound that I was to blame and the other party was hoping to wriggle out of the blame.
Hope the insurers agree, Martin. What a pisser, though.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Sorry to hear your news Martin, gutting to be sure!

I had a similar accident about 10 years ago but in my case I had a witness who confirmed the other party did not indicate when leaving the parking place and they were found to be at fault.

Gaspode's advice is sound - notes & drawings of what happened while it's still fresh in your mind may come in useful and as haroon says, keep the pressure on your insurers to pursue the other party's insurer.

Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction mate!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Too many wankers on the road who do not accept responsibility. I had some jerk hit me at a traffic light this afternoon, we turn off into a quiet road to check damage and there is a hairline crack on the bumper and the culprit had the audacity to say it was already there - he has never seen my bumper and I clean my car regularly enough to know if the bumper had been marked. He refused to give insurance details so i went to the police and reported it. I suspect he will tell them a lie knowing what a low-life he is. Guess what it was an Astra driver with reg no. DRG 919S - if you recognise this number let him know he is a tw*t.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to his of this Martin...it seems that all the knob-jockeys have come out in their cars recently.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:02 AM

Can't add anything to the above Martin.

Just keep plugging away witht he best account and details you have of what happened.

Took over 2 years for me to get paid out for my uninsured losses from my bike collision, but it was resolved in the end, and there were no real witnesses for that.

Quick Reply: Bumped.