UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The build so far

Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not just the fans im gonna steal.

After several passenger rides in yours im contemplating bolting the Mase hot side onto my existing cold side.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

That's insane, whilst induction is nice ... there's still something spine tingling about the sound of a large turbo spooling up - actually yours sounds more like a fighter jet
Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 AM

jay we could fab something for your turbo

yeah does sound alittle raw hopefully on the tunnel run it will sound ok
Old 10-19-2009, 03:49 AM

well its this time of year the roads are slippy and i am sure many of you will be wondering what its like to drive in this weather, to be honest no different, the way the power comes in makes it very easy, and you can still hit 15 lbs of boost however makes u smile alittle too much when wet

also time for the hardtop to be put on and boy does it make the turbo sound awesome, normaly with the soft top you have the road noise etc and now well i can speak from experience, it sounds like a chain gun which is very nice indeed

some hardtop photos for you hardtop haters

Old 10-19-2009, 04:38 AM

Wolf in sheeps clothing
Old 04-15-2010, 06:06 AM

All I can say is WOW!
I wish I could spend this sort of money on my car!
I think this would be so much fun epecially keeping the "stock" look!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil -
Time for an update
Old 05-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Well as some of you may know i had alittle engine trouble, the injector driver failed which resulted in bore wash

so anyway i stripped the block down, got Mase to order me new CP pistons 87.5mm as i had to bore and hone the sleves from the original 87mm

i also ordered some new Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors which require no injesttor driver

A new head gasket, and oil squirters and bolts as built blocks dont have them fitted when being built so i thought i would put them in for safety.

So this was all to be completed the week before mase's visit last week so i could run the motor in but in true style and my good luck the volcano thing happened and my parts got held up in the usa

So last monday they turned up, also i will add on the same day i was picking mase up from his trip to Italy

So monday morning bright and early, i had the block back from the engine bore and honing, along with my mate mark @ advance evolution, we started to build the block, pistons/rings in, that took most of the day, once we stopped for food and coffee and cleaning up of the other bits and pieces

then off to heathrow to pick mase up on the monday evening

Tuesday, mase wanted a lay in so off to build it with mark again, tues am, we went to fit the oil squirters however due to the length of the sleves we were unable to fit them, hmm oh well

so we fitted the crank and bottom end, had some lunch then the afternoon was fitting the TCT, Timing chain, head gasket, head, and sump etc etc so by close of play tues the long block was complete

Wednesday... Mase decided he wanted to get his hands dirty i know i did not believe it, well he had rubber gloves on

the inlet, and all ancileries were fitted and the block was put back into the car, with alittle bit of leverage due to my bad ass engine mounts.

next on was the new clutch (ironman competition) and my re surfaced lightened flywheel, gearbox on, then off as forgot put the fork in DOH!! by this time, it was 1900 and thought thats enough for the day

Thursday... left mase in bed (his own before any comment lol) i fitted the turbo kit in two hours, then put new oil, fluid, and at 1300 went to pick mase up from my house to get him to put a base map on it

1430 , load map 30 secs later fired first time and purring lovely

1500 need to take mase to TGM to look at a tune on a car so we jumped in the S, and drove it to TGM , lovely all the way no issues, i was bricking it

so basically a round trip back home to essex and about 150 miles on the new motor,

fri.. Drive to surrey rolling road and back another 100 miles

Sat day of the tune, 350 miles on the new engine and new clutch and tuning dyno time lol i will admit i was bricking it once again

Well for the numbers i told mase prior i did not want it pushed to much as of the new engine and it having only done 350 miles,
so after two hours of tuning, and some really hot tyres we had 484 whp 330 lbtq ( 571 bhp 400 lbtq) at 16 psi (Previously 18 and 22psi)

for those who were there will know he asked if i wanted more, so i had a wee little chat and he said the numbers are bang on what it should be and similar to the boost level on the old motor so i said no point, lets leave it at that and run it in some more so it was cool

Charlie owner of rolling road said he strapped it so tight and the tyres were so hot he reconded easy 500 whp at the same boost level if we let it cool alittle but i was happy

So anyway that nite, we had some good english weather, absolutly pissed it down, so i took mase out to show him you can boost in the wet

1st, 2nd hooked up without spinning 3rd nearly full boost but the rain was to much but was fun GOODYEAR AYSAMETRICS FTW

Anyway the interesting bit

Sunday on our way home from london we came accross a V8 CLS AMG ooh that thing is quick but not that quick so we ended up chatting with him for abit in a car park, so he called his mate who just happened to have a ..... wait for it....

SL 55 AMG BRABUS TUNED.... i loved it however i am sure you know what happened, all i will say is my little silverstone S2000 shocked a few people and they liked my tail lights

so all in all a fun time was had

so now i am on 650 miles and i keep telling people i am running it in still hmmm honestly and touch wood its all still good

sorry for the long post but you wanted updates
Old 05-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Nice one, Phil
Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

good shit.

LOL @ Brabus

Quick Reply: The build so far