UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The build so far

Old 01-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well yes those two cars are pretty neat, but day to day driving hmmmm let me think, er well you don't need to be a genius and work that out do you???
No, but a genius would have thought about what a 500bhp S2k would be like to live with day to day

[QUOTE]Real roads or straight lines,
Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phils2k,Jan 10 2008, 02:08 AM
lol @Jay i have just read the last three post and thought you would be alon to have a laugh

the nationsguitar well i see you are going s/c so really you will not be adding a few more horses, either, so alittle confused, what car could i buy off the shelf with that power,
for one my S had done 124k and on a 99 plate, if i was to sell it i would have got near bugger all for it, due to millage, and well then to add money to get a car with that much i would have to add some serious money. Two its was a little project, its been done many times in the USA, and the s/c scene is already establishing itself over here, so you have to try new things.

Like what mase said you would have to spend alot of money to get a car
with the power, unless its an already modifide , supra, skyline, evo etc etc

PS with your beautiful car and yout CTSC you will be adding a good few horses, and i believe it wont stop there, changing the pulley size etc have fun anyways

And jau its getting closer
Sorry fella i never meant to offend, just thought the chassis ect wouldn't be able to take the strain!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
MB
Member (Premium)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The drivetrain will be well outside its safe limits at that power, but everything is upgradeable. The chassis is a monocoque too so that should fare well with a few braces. Brakes are needed too but i'd bet Phil has thought of this.

It's not something I would do myself - the costs are too high and losing the car for that long would drive me nuts! There are plenty of RWD cars which can be got to these power levels for less money, like an S14 or an RX7, but if you ike the car you have then why not, and hats off for doing it! The S has something over a lot of cars which makes us want to mod it
Old 01-15-2008, 02:56 AM

Well the manifold is complete, i had a picture sent over from mase last night, looks alike a beast, i will check with him about posting a picture, but i don't see why not later, when i have spare five mins

Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 AM

[QUOTE=mase1,Jan 13 2008, 06:45 AM]sounds good to me,
Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 AM

Hi jay

Yes this is with the stock motor, it should be dynoed on stock motor/exhaust/cat, on fri, if all goes well mase was saying. so as soon as i have the numbers i will post as i want to know aswell. I think he is hoping for 15psi, and reckons it should hold it fine

He has my stock gasket on order for the new engine etc so once the testing is done on the stock motor the new one will be dropped in

phil
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by phils2k,Jan 15 2008, 01:00 PM
Hi jay

Yes this is with the stock motor, it should be dynoed on stock motor/exhaust/cat, on fri, if all goes well mase was saying. so as soon as i have the numbers i will post as i want to know aswell. I think he is hoping for 15psi, and reckons it should hold it fine

He has my stock gasket on order for the new engine etc so once the testing is done on the stock motor the new one will be dropped in

phil
Sorry phil i have lost track of what your doing to your car, what are you doing to it again?

Cheers

Aj

Old 01-15-2008, 05:37 AM

Aj

I have had an engine built by http://www.laskeyracing.com/shop/s2000.htm and head

Then the S has been shipped to Mase at stage 6 motorsports in Jacksonville floirda. Where a RHD turbo manifold has been fabricated, to go along with a gt35 garrett turbo, with tial bov andd wastegate, aem ems blah blah blah
Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM

oh if anyone wants a sneak at it look at avatar wont be on long have to change it
Old 01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
MB
Member (Premium)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

How does it get back down to the exhaust??

Tricky route!

Quick Reply: The build so far