UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bridgestone Ireland discontinue S02 fronts...

Old 03-01-2007, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgestone Ireland discontinue S02 fronts...

Just making enquiries on getting a new set of S02's here in Ireland, gave R&R tyres in Ballincollig (seemingly supposed to be decent guys) a call and he had the rears (225/50 R16 92W S02 JZ) on his stock list (linked to Bridgestone central list) but not the fronts (ie 205/55 R16 89W S02 JZ)...said he'd call Bridgestone to see what the situation was. Called me back about 5 minutes later to tell me he'd been talking to Bridgestone head office in Dublin and they've discontinued the S02 front tyre, replacing it with the ER300, same size with a speed rating of 91W, but these are not diresctional tyres, so I'd end up with directional tyres on the back and different fronts, plus he said you can't get the rears in the ER fitment as yet, he said that Bridgestone were going to phase out the rear S02's as well (???)... now from the 2 mins of research I've done this is a TURANZA tyre, surely these are for saloon cars, as in they are not a performance tyre.

2 things here, anyone try to order S02 fronts in the past few days in Ireland, the UK or anywhere for that matter...and the second, my tyre guy was talking to a muppet in Bridgestone, and possibly a mistake has been made???

This doesn't sound right to me.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 AM

I got 2 new Bridgeston S02s fitted to my 1999 S2000 just a couple of weeks ago, absolutely no problem at all.

I live in Essex and used Event Mobile to supply and fit at work with club discount.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 AM

UPDATE: Just called Bridgestone myself to see if I could shed any light on the matter. I was told exactly the same thing by the girl I spoke to, she checked the system and she has it marked as discontinued (the S02 front), she checked the rears, she has those, but interestingly they had a mark that they were to be discontinued as well. She's checking into it as I type and is going to call me back.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 AM

very strange i got my local garage (who is a friend of mine) to ring his supplier and they are still redaly available over here
Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 AM

Thanks motogp1, I was about to ring Bridgestone UK to see what the situation was there. If they have (and it certainly looks that way) discontinued the S02, would it make sense to order a set from the UK? Before that though I'll give Bridgestone a shout and let them know they are still available in the the UK.

Anyone know why they would do this? ...and then recommend you replace them with Touranza ER300 which are a touring/comfort tyre?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:48 AM

UPDATE #2: Niamh in Bridgestone called back, they are definitely discontinuing the S02 completely in Ireland. She had tried the UK and they are seeing if they can get me a set from the UK stock.

So Irish S2k owners, if you want a S02's you'll have to contact Bridgestone directly to get a set brought in from the UK as they're being discontinued here.

I will ask her as to why they are discontinuing the S02 in Ireland next time I am speaking to her.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:59 AM

have you tried www.eiretyres.net? thats were i normaly order all my tyres from and usualy have everything!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:16 AM

Great PeterMM, I'll give that a go. Have you ordered S02's from them before?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rebel Red,Mar 1 2007, 08:16 AM
Great PeterMM, I'll give that a go. Have you ordered S02's from them before?
im still on my original set at the moment but will be needing a change soon so if you find out in the mean time of some where let me know as well
Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 AM

Can't find the S02 fronts in a search on the site (looks like the rears are there), I've emailed them to enquire, will let you know their response.

It does look likely that Bridgestone will bring a set if you look for one from them. Haven't had a call back as yet.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Ireland discontinue S02 fronts...