UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Brick wall car door protection

Old 07-29-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brick wall car door protection

just wondering what you can use on the side of your house to prevent the door being damaged on the brick wall. my driveway is tight and the passenger door on my focus is well scuffed n chipped being smacked of the wall. def dont want this happening to the s when it arrives!

i have carpet on the walls in the garage n obviously cant stick carpet on the side of my house before any suggests it. i`ll look like a right twat! oh and i dont want to use door protectors. theyre naff looking!

is there anything discreet out there that i can use along the whole length of the house and maybe spray the same colour as the bricks!

Teb
Old 07-29-2005, 12:52 PM

Would a carefully positioned piece of expanding soft timber trellis for climbing plants be any good?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:07 PM

didnt think of that. i was thinking of having something that extended most of the length of the house as i will have 2 cars.

i was just wonderin what some of the folk on here used as i know alot of them are very careful about their s`s!

i was thinking about the floor cable protector made out of rubber. would that look silly attached to the wall n sprayed a rusty colour?? cant seem to find it in a long enough length and it is quite expensive too at about
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 PM

Pipe lagging.

Can be painted any colour, is fairly discrete, especillay if you cut it in half and is really cheap.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:40 AM

Electrical wire. Conveniently someone's run some along the wall at the end of the communal parking area here exactly at crease height Dunno if it's deliberate but works a treat - although I obviously try not to smack the door into it anyway.

Once my garage door gets fixed I'm going to nail some down the garage walls
Old 07-30-2005, 04:15 AM

bang it too hard and you might get a bit of a shock

I was thinking of an exterior wooden dado rail but that might look a little stupid.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:19 AM

Put the S in the garage.

Who cares if you have carpet on the side of your house. They may call you a twat, but you'll be the one with the nice car!
Old 07-30-2005, 04:21 AM

I really like the cable/wire idea - that's really cool
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

you need to look in places you'd never normally visit

I'm thinking industrial rubber suppliers or similar - usually to be found on industrial estates

or try a building salvage yard

I reckon the ideal would be a length of escalator handle rubber, but I bet you'll get something smaller and suitably inconspicuous in the sort of place I mentioned

otherwise I'd go with the trellis idea

Old 07-30-2005, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jul 30 2005, 01:36 PM
I reckon the ideal would be a length of escalator handle rubber
Yeh that would be ideal if u can find some. it would be as wide as the height of a brick too which would look ok when sprayed.

anyway ive been to home base and got myself no more nails, some 3c core mains cable and some brick coloured spray paint. bloody started pissing down as i was trying to stick it on the wall. its held on the wall with duct tape now till it sets. ive set it so the focus doors dont hit the wall hopefully the s doors will be ok too at this height.

i`ll let u know how shit it looks when ive sprayed!

Quick Reply: Brick wall car door protection