UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Brand spanking new parallel import question

Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand spanking new parallel import question

Hi there!

Well after at least 4 years of pondering getting an S2000 .. then convincing myself I shouldn't get one .. and coming back to it every few months; I decided this week that the only way to get rid of this itch was to just damn well buy one.

I looked at a number of used cars mainly on 05 plates and then came across Bob Gerard www.bobgerard.co.uk. The parallel import route seems like great value for money and for the sake of another couple of K - get a brand new car, latest model with VSA etc and 3 year warranty (although I understand it's a 3 year 60k warranty).

I put my deposit down (Silverstone, black/red interior) and await the beast which I am told will be at their place in under 2 weeks. I must be some kinda sad bastard, because I am so excited about it - I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep. Weird isn't it.

I notice a couple of places on this site that say parallel imports don't come with an alarm, or that it's not the same as a UK one ... and this is not what Bob Gerard have said to me (but am gonna speak to them about it tomorrow) .. I wondered if anyone had the definitive answer on this or anyone knew where this confusion comes from?

Good to meet you all BTW :-)

regards

James
Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi,

Yes, you will become excited as a kid at Christmas! It's the effect the car has.

I understand EU imports now come with the Honda factory alarm.

Mine didn't come with one, which was a blessing, because the Honda UK one fitted to UKDM cars at the time was a PoS.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BG cars are exactly the same as UK cars. Only difference is 60k warranty instead of 90k. Locking wheel nuts now as standard, so is an alarm. Techincally they aren't imports as they are sourced from within the EU. BG's get most of their kit from Cyprus.

Ed
Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by echo66,Mar 8 2007, 08:20 PM
BG cars are exactly the same as UK cars. Only difference is 60k warranty instead of 90k. Locking wheel nuts now as standard, so is an alarm. Techincally they aren't imports as they are sourced from within the EU. BG's get most of their kit from Cyprus.

Ed

Just to tease you here is EXACTLY what you will get from them! I miss that car!

Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys. Honestly. I didn't need to see those pictures. I think I have developed some weird obsessive-compulsive behaviour over it.

On the point about it technically being a UK car - when I spoke to Admiral insurance - who gave me a great quote in comparison to Adrian Flux - that was exactly their position. They were not bothered it was parallel import as far as they were concerned it wasn't an import at all - and I got them to double check. So great!

I really can't see why you'd buy one of these new from a UK dealer. To be honest, I've been to 4 Honda dealers and only ONE of them has ever given me anything like good service - and that's even at the point of trying to sell me one.

With the saving ... it's just a no brainer ..