UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Brake pads and discs

Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pads and discs

Guys,

Looking to change my pads and discs, would like a bit better than stock but i don't want drilled discs. Can anyone recommend a full set that they have bought and a trustworthy source to get them? All opinions welcome

Might be interested in buying a full brake set including callipers if someone were to point me in the right direction although i appreciate that this should be in WTB.

I'm running 18's.

Thanks

Chris
Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 AM

There's some useful information here! Replacement of Front Brakes.

I have found the combination ideal for fast road use. I wouldn't think you would need to upgrade unless you intend to track the car.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM

I've used Ferodo DS2500 with OEM discs for a few years. After 45K miles I finally needed to change my discs, so just went with Bremtech Slotted (not drilled) discs and another pair of Ferodo's. Works for me. Bremtech slotted discs are from Brakes International. £115 delivered for fronts (less S2kUK discount if you're a member.

HEL (in the traders Section) also sells Bremtech and Ferodo - i'd drop him a PM and see if he can supply the slotted ones and get a price on a full set plus Ferodos - i'm sure he can do you a good price

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/913...d-brake-hoses/
Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

When you say you want discs that are a bit better than stock - what do you mean by that? What's wrong with stock in your eyes?

I use Bremtech discs (plain) from brakes international, and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Been a good combo on road and track.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
When you say you want discs that are a bit better than stock - what do you mean by that? What's wrong with stock in your eyes?

I use Bremtech discs (plain) from brakes international, and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Been a good combo on road and track.
Lovegroova, nothing wrong with stock per se, why would a car manufacture develop a car and then put sub-standard parts on it. I tend to drive the S quite hard, enjoy track days and I’m looking for set of pads and discs that fade less than stock if such a thing exists. This is the reason I have started the thread.

Judging by your last post it appears you have changed from stock and in general from viewing the forum, most people have changed something on the car away from stock.

Just looking for some friendly opinions and advice.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by GavB
I've used Ferodo DS2500 with OEM discs for a few years. After 45K miles I finally needed to change my discs, so just went with Bremtech Slotted (not drilled) discs and another pair of Ferodo's. Works for me. Bremtech slotted discs are from Brakes International. £115 delivered for fronts (less S2kUK discount if you're a member.

HEL (in the traders Section) also sells Bremtech and Ferodo - i'd drop him a PM and see if he can supply the slotted ones and get a price on a full set plus Ferodos - i'm sure he can do you a good price

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/913...d-brake-hoses/
thanks mate
Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by crispyshark
Originally Posted by AquilaEagle' timestamp='1327004253' post='21333047

Lovegroova, nothing wrong with stock per se, why would a car manufacture develop a car and then put sub-standard parts on it. I tend to drive the S quite hard, enjoy track days and I’m looking for set of pads and discs that fade less than stock if such a thing exists. This is the reason I have started the thread.

Judging by your last post it appears you have changed from stock and in general from viewing the forum, most people have changed something on the car away from stock.

Thanks
Not sure why you're taking my name in vain

As for friendly advice, if you're tracking the car, then I can recommend the Dixcel kit sold by Dixon Motorsports in the Traders' section here.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by crispyshark' timestamp='1327053804' post='21334930
[quote name='AquilaEagle' timestamp='1327004253' post='21333047']

Thanks
Not sure why you're taking my name in vain

As for friendly advice, if you're tracking the car, then I can recommend the Dixcel kit sold by Dixon Motorsports in the Traders' section here.
[/quote]

sorry lovegroova! I'd just read a post by you before i replied...was clearly meant for Aquilaeagle
Old 01-20-2012, 01:47 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

For road use I can't see any point in upgrading discs. They won't make you slow down quicker on their own, but some good pads and fluid might.

Trackwise, Dixcel are the dog's danglies. No fade.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:21 AM

Out of interest, what is it that actually causes brake fade?

Andy

Quick Reply: Brake pads and discs