UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Boxing day trackday sale

Old 12-26-2013, 12:57 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I like Pembrey, although I'd guess a trackday there would need very low numbers or be sessioned for it to be any fun.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it's a good little track.

I've done it twice before with Motorsport Events. Once in a 205 and again in a Mojo SE. They run an open pitlane and I'm not sure on numbers, but I don't think there would have been more than forty or fifty there. It was ages ago too.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK! OK! Since you all are pressuring me I've had no option but to book Cadwell in March.

Do you have to pay immediately or any other time? Getting conflicting information...
Old 12-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I booked it then paid via paypal on the confirmation page, was quite painless for me. If you have any problems email Dave and he will sort it out.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markforrester99
I booked it then paid via paypal on the confirmation page, was quite painless for me. If you have any problems email Dave and he will sort it out.
It would appear that you book your place then pay for it later? That's what I take from the website and the process.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:06 PM

I paid mine straight away. Got to the confirmation page and then clicked the paypal link. Not sure if its different depending on what track you book thou? You could always ask on Dave's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/opentrack
Old 12-26-2013, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My browser stopped the Paypal popup opening so I didn't get to pay. I could have forced it to open, but after reading you have to pay before there's eight weeks to the event I thought I'd leave it for now. Should be ok I hope!?
I'll have to email them for their Paypal details at some point.

I've got a friend who's booked the day too.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Anyone booked the Snetterton days? Would be nice to meet some people off of here.

Kumho V70A's now paid for, be interesting to see how much better/worse they are than my AD08's
Old 12-26-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very, very wary of booking a long way in advance on track days ever since Easytrack went bust.

Anyone booked the Snetterton days? Would be nice to meet some people off of here.
Having said that, I couldn't resist Snet on 28th Feb. Thanks for the heads-up. Are you going to be there?

An example of Dave being a good organiser is that he arranged a open pit lane session at Goodwood this year, when they turned up the marshalls restricted the number of cars on track to a silly small amount. A BMW then dropped its oil all over the majority of the track and the day was stopped for over an hour. He gave my brother a 50% refund and has said he will never go to Goodwood again. He wants to keep the customers happy.
Goodwood are allowed 10 cars @ 95 dBA static or 5 cars @ 105 dBA static as a condition of their planning permission to operate, and the noise meters are plumbed into the local council in realtime... hence they provide their own marshalls etc. They are wrong to suggest to TDOs that open pitlane might be possible though. They're just after the money. I did a day there a year or so ago with Javelin which they tried to run as open pit lane. I got out in the first group and stayed out all morning pretty much. I knew as soon as I pitted there would be a massive queue. It normally takes an hour and a quarter between 20 min runs at Goodwood.

The seasoned TDOs like Goldtrack and Bookatrack don't get caught out by Goodwood and hence seldom go there. Goodwood appear to be grasping at straws to run a profit by ripping off unwary TDOs at the moment. It's sad because it's pure greed, on a circuit which really isn't that great unless you need to learn it for sprinting purposes. I think they see Brands GP and Silverstone days going for £375 (scale it up for the number of cars) and think they can charge the same.

Rant over!
Old 12-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Tim i will be there and my brother should be there in his mini assuming his supercharger to turbo conversion is finished. Will be nice to meet you after you've given me so much advice!

Quick Reply: Boxing day trackday sale