UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

bought new s2k... naughty honda?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

They look OK to me, in fact they look like mine! Just check where the outer edge of rust meets the pad worn area, if there is a noticeable step then query it, if there is no real step then like mine they are OK, from your previous posts, if the MOT guy was only commenting on surface rust, that will happen every time you wash the car or leave it a few days. Always drive the car a few yards after washing it to get rid of water on the disks.
The picture isn't brill but I can't see any pitting.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, my rant continues...

What the hell is the purpose of their 100 pint inspection (or however many points there are) for a Honda approved used car if they don't actually fix anything that comes up?

I don't care if it is only an advisory or if a bloody conrod was sticking out the side of the engine block. If there is anything wrong with the car and it is sold as a Honda approved car, it should be fixed. Plain and simple. It sounds like this dealer's sales idiots have tried to pull a fast one. Why they (the royal they meaning sales people in general) think they can get away with behaviour like this is unbelievable. Used car salespeople are bottom feeding scum suckers that normally get scraped off the bottom of my boot along with the rest of the crap that one walks through.

I would bring the car back and DEMAND that the discs and pads are replaced immediately.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by gt750boy,Oct 28 2010, 09:04 AM
well, with that wear pattern it looks like at least your pads are fecked and need replacement. When that is done you will need to either turn down your discs (in anyone does that anymore and there is enough meat left) or replace.

I don't like they way they look, but I'm a miserable old git to begin with.
they may be worn but they are working to the pads. If you realy feel the need to change them you can get disks for about £30 each and an independant garage wont charge more than an hours labour to replace them both.
Remember the rear brakes don't do that much work.

Also how much meat is left on the pads?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I took my car for its first service they told me "The discs are corroded" and I got rather annoyed as I had only just bought the car..

Anyway, after having a row with the Garage I gave up and replaced them myself for not a lot of money.

But, point of the story..., after leaving the car standing outside for about a week the damn things rusted straight up again. A quick blat down the road and they are clean as a whistle again.

Basically it was a waste of time, a bit of surface rust means nothing, and will be gone in no time with a bit of a spirited drive. It'll come right back with the next bit of rain though!