UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bought Dixons Motorsport Cat

Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought Dixons Motorsport Cat

Just wanted to share with the forum,

I had a rattle developing from the car late last summer before the car went into storage for winter. During the spring service the garage advised me that it was coming from the Catalytic converter which looked to be the original Honda one.

Out of curiosity I nipped into Honda to see how much a new unit was - £1600! After regaining conciousness I quickly started looking at alternatives.

I got in touch with Dixon who told me he was now beginning to supply replacement cats at a fraction of that price. Took the plunge and ordered one.

Upon getting it it came across as an impressive piece of kit. Due to a familiy members wedding I gave it to my local garage to fit for me. Now the garage I use I have been going to for 10 years - the owner has had an S2000, Boxster S, AMG mercs etc yet when I picked the car up he told me that the quality on this was excellent. He said he was impressed with the welding and the fact that it slotted in place perfectly and he did not have to wrestle with the exhaust to get a fit.

He even asked for Dixons details in case any of the lads that work for him are looking for similar parts.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else was thinking of taking the plunge on it - the car has done 350 miles and no issues with CELs etc.

Again thanks Dixon for all the help (and replying to my many many PM's!). Will definetely use Dixon in future and would reccomend him to anyone.

Mike
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 for Dixon's race cat. Mine's been on the car for a month or so - no CEL lights and the garage that fitted it were impressed with the fit and quality.

At about 15% of the price of the OEM part, it was a bargain!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 AM

How is this on emissions, also with how strict the MOT test is now on CATs will this definitely pass, my tester is fine but have said if the tester thinks the CAT isn't OEM then they could fail it.

Good news about a good bit of kit at a good price though.

I had sports CATs ready for the NSX but they were never fitted.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback

Yes it passes MOT fine, is a 200 cell high flow cat. The emission was so low and pass MOT straight away, no one notice it had a race cat on.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I ask how much they are, just out of interest?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Yeah, I was going to ask how much one of these bad boys are....
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 PM

I have a decat and really can't be arsed to swap over to the OEM cat every MOT time so of the race cat does not loose considerable power from the decat (or need remapping) then I would have one.....Dixon?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM

They are £280 shipped each.. Will take about 5 days to make one up tho as we have to order the cell of the cat from the race exhaust company.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM

The throttle respond is just almost the same as having a decat, they are designed for race car so the flow is pretty good.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

High flow CAT's and decat come into their own when lowering vtec - really help the transition and smooth the power out.

Quick Reply: Bought Dixons Motorsport Cat