UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bought a decat... looks like a cat?

Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by martin j
£20! you could probably weigh it in for scrap for more.?
Not a bad thought, hadn't even considered that to be honest

Really I just want the UK exhaust mod but the GF is worried it'll make the car too loud for neighbours etc and thought a decat may be an easily reversible equivalent... shall see
Old 02-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exhaust mod doesn't change the volume on gentle driving. The idle is a fraction louder on start up until the air pump stops and the revs drop. Then you have a silent car again. As long as you drive 'normally' around your area, no one will even know you have the mod done. Where are you based? I have an exhaust with the mod sat in my garage that you could try out.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wellwibb
Exhaust mod doesn't change the volume on gentle driving. The idle is a fraction louder on start up until the air pump stops and the revs drop. Then you have a silent car again. As long as you drive 'normally' around your area, no one will even know you have the mod done. Where are you based? I have an exhaust with the mod sat in my garage that you could try out.
Truth be told I'm not even too fussed it's more appeasing the better half But if the car is quiet enough for neighbours in the mornings then I'd imagine that'd be enough to keep the peace - nothing like the skyline anyway

No worries, out of interest what was it that made you take it off from your car? I'm in Banbury, North Oxfordshire, how about yourself?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostWKD
Originally Posted by Wellwibb' timestamp='1393186263' post='23030039
Truth be told I'm not even too fussed it's more appeasing the better half But if the car is quiet enough for neighbours in the mornings then I'd imagine that'd be enough to keep the peace - nothing like the skyline anyway

No worries, out of interest what was it that made you take it off from your car? I'm in Banbury, North Oxfordshire, how about yourself?

Thanks,
Alex
I got hold of a buddy club single exit for a silly cheap price and couldn't refuse it! Making the switch back to the modified oem exhaust in march though, the bc is a bit too loud and the oem sounds spot on.

I'm in redditch just up the m40, happy to show you what a modded oem exhaust sounds like when it's back on if you like.

Will
Old 02-24-2014, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wellwibb
I got hold of a buddy club single exit for a silly cheap price and couldn't refuse it! Making the switch back to the modified oem exhaust in march though, the bc is a bit too loud and the oem sounds spot on.

I'm in redditch just up the m40, happy to show you what a modded oem exhaust sounds like when it's back on if you like.

Will
Ah fair enough, I went through a few exhausts on my old S2k but always ended up back on the stock (albeit modified with centre silencer removed, not done by me mind)

Sounds great, I work up Coventry way so sure could detour at some point when you've got it back on

Cheers,
Alex