UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bored of my S?

Old 02-06-2005, 03:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moggy' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:43 AM
At the moment I am driving 170 miles twice a week, 90% on the m/way. This car is absolutely wank on m/ways. I'd arrive at my destination with a buzzing sound in my head, and would find it hard to relax afterwards.
I did 30k+ miles in my S2000 in nine months.

One day I just decided that I'd had enough, that combined with looking at some other cars swang me very easily from a replacement 04 S2000, to a different car.

I think the S2000 is a great car, made even better if you don't drive it every day.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichUK' date='Feb 6 2005, 12:31 PM
One day I just decided that I'd had enough, that combined with looking at some other cars swang me very easily from a replacement 04 S2000, to a different car.
I think that day might have come
Old 02-06-2005, 03:48 AM

I spent 400 quid on a beater and just use the S for weekends now.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:52 AM

Good move Jamie.

I love waking up in the morning, seeing that it's going to be dry and deciding to take the S.

A sharp contrast to waking up, seeing ice on the roads and dreading taking it

Plus the beater easily saves me the running costs in tyres, servicing and depreciation.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:32 AM

well...you've been told

Get youself a beater man!!!

Driving ANY car every day is boring - especially an S in heavy traffic

In about 5 minutes flat you'll be back in love with the S again and wondering WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT
Old 02-06-2005, 05:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Or if you can lift share to work, save the enviorment too, less traffic on the roads ect.

And get your GF a car, so she can come pick you up instead.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:45 AM

Just been for a blast , roof down , freezing cold (not in the car), been down some tricky twisties it was great

I love this car
Old 02-06-2005, 08:08 AM

Difficult to get my GF a car so she can pick me up!!!

Gad, you're right I think, I just do get bored very very easily, and I think lots of others are right in saying get a beater - maybe in 12 months when I have the readies to make the initial outlay I will, unfortunately cash at the moment doesn't allow it, unless someon ehas a beater for about 200 quid handy !!!!

The pre-04s are different - not massively and personally i prefer the externior and interior of my 04, only thing i don't like as much is the reduced vtec kick.

It's not about the noise on motorways though, or the stiffish suspension or anything like that, it's about wow factor, and perhaps Gad hit the nail onthe head, i just hav a short attention span so the car has bored me already - I never thought that would happen !!!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer' date='Feb 6 2005, 05:08 PM
Difficult to get my GF a car so she can pick me up!!!

Gad, you're right I think, I just do get bored very very easily, and I think lots of others are right in saying get a beater - maybe in 12 months when I have the readies to make the initial outlay I will, unfortunately cash at the moment doesn't allow it, unless someon ehas a beater for about 200 quid handy !!!!

The pre-04s are different - not massively and personally i prefer the externior and interior of my 04, only thing i don't like as much is the reduced vtec kick.

It's not about the noise on motorways though, or the stiffish suspension or anything like that, it's about wow factor, and perhaps Gad hit the nail onthe head, i just hav a short attention span so the car has bored me already - I never thought that would happen !!!!!!
Can't you use Kelks beater, that old silverstone thing he has !!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Busamav' date='Feb 6 2005, 08:43 AM
I am not at all surprised at that then . It amazes me that the annual manslaughter is allowed nowadays .
Your comments on road cars being quicker still staggers me .

A guy we know who organises rwyb has been charged with manslaughter over an event he organised in the Isalnd last year , a straightish drag race and a rider on a ZX12 killed himself . As trevor was the clerk of the course its his kneck on the line
Well it's more suicide than manslaughter I'd say, but the b*stards do sometimes take someone else with them when they go

I think if you had a fast road car, I dunno Porsche, M5, Ferrari, TVR, NSX, Noble, Aston, Lambo (there are quite a few of all these over here, except for the one and only NSX that is registered here but spends most of its life in the south of France!) geared for a high enough top speed it would be quite interesting to see if they could beat a road bike, both driven competently - we're not talking racing machines here.

The stats thing is a good measure, because bikes here tend to be driven fast (it was in that context that the point was originally made) and as there's such a culture of speed\speed limits and bikes in particular, you don't get the same ratio of Charlies on them here either.

Bummer about the manslaughter thing - the police do all sorts of stupid things here and that sounds like yet another Seems to me if you take part in a motorsport competition you have to accept the risks, though that's not meant to sound unsympathetic. A few years ago, someone was killed in the TT when they ran into a horse full tilt. Was the clerk of the course or the horse owner prosecuted for manslaughter? No.

What's a "rwyb"?

Quick Reply: Bored of my S?