UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bored of my S?

Old 02-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mans Best' date='Feb 5 2005, 12:35 AM
There's some good advice above, but unless you're planning a change in career, can't see the attraction of a Box Porkster or Z4
It's almost like the Boxster is a dirty word round here.

The Boxster S is a great car and is better than the S2000 is most dynamic departments; namely steering feedback, handling, stability and performance. I prefer the brakes, image, and relavity rarity of the S2000 to the Boxster. The looks are down to your personal preferences so isn't a factor when making objective comparisons for other people.

Most of the worlds motoring jurnos must be wrong about the Boxster then?

Maybe I should put a rolleyes icon thingy at the end of my post too
Old 02-05-2005, 02:02 AM

I fall in and out of love with the S all the time......it adds to the fun.....
Old 02-05-2005, 02:05 AM
Al2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaeger' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:25 AM
It's not the car. It's YOUR choice of where you decide to be or job to be in and your mood.

Some are suggesting that 2 hours in a Porche would be less stressful?
Come on. If you want this car, that's it. Why in the world would you want to vTec in conditions that would put you in danger? It's winter and that's it. Calm down, think about your mood and not the car. Change your mood not the car.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with the car, it's where you choose to live and work, and the fact you drive it every day. If there aren't the roads around then what's the point owning one, especially as a daily driver? There are plenty of roads in the south worthy of the S (well there are near where I live) - it's by no means confined to the north of England and Scotland... there are just more of them up there.

At the end of the day it's only a car. The novelty factor will always wear off whatever you own. Buying a krautmobile and rejoining the boring masses isn't the answer IMO.

Buying a pre-04 might save you some money, but this isn't the answer either. Let's face it, the differences aren't that staggering, whatever some might have you believe on here. Colour differences, model year, whatever, it's still basically the same engine producing the same output. It's still an S2000.

Stick it out a bit longer. Wait til we've had a few weeks of sunshine (wishful thinking) and if you still feel the same, sell it, save the money and drive a normal car (e.g. a Civic or similar) for a while. Believe me, you'll soon realise the true qualities of the S. Maybe then you'll feel like owning one again

We've had ours since Sept 1st, and still have as much fun in the car as we did during the first month of ownership - mainly because we don't use it every day, but treat ourselves to one day a week to & from work, and of course all weekend.

Like everything in life, when things go stale it's all about taking time out and reminding yourself what attracted you to it in the first place.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer' date='Feb 4 2005, 10:18 PM
Hmmmm Ring at Easter - is there a meet I've missed, might be up for that !
Ring Meet (Def bring a smile to your face).
Old 02-05-2005, 03:22 AM

[quote name='AquilaEagle' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:05 AM']drive a shit heap for a bit, then get back into the S
Old 02-05-2005, 04:28 AM

"Let's face it, the differences aren't that staggering, whatever some might have you believe on here. Colour differences, model year, whatever, it's still basically the same engine producing the same output. It's still an S2000."

I am so glad to read this. I agree. It's a car. No more than that.

All this talk of 'buy an original' is just a bit of internet forum self-fulfilling prophecy to me.
As the vehicle gets older and older, newer models emerge.

When shopping for some hi-fi last year I browsed some forums. I was amazed to read posts encouraging people to buy some old 1970's gear because it was 'better' in some way. More like trying to add value to something that had little.

Now an 1999 S for cheap money is still a great car. This car doesn't exactly age and all of them look good on the road. But I simply don't believe it's sensible advice to suggest someone sells a 2004 model to buy a 1999 'original.'

My car is annoying me right now. It's due for service and the HT is knocking, rattling, all sorts. I don't have the time to spend my weekend trying to correct the problems myself. I expect it fit. So I'll ask the dealer to do it. But I don't have much confidence in the dealer. Honda dealers just aren't impressive, especially when it comes to this car.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by fazer1k' date='Feb 5 2005, 01:22 PM

I've been driving an 11 year old 306 turbo diesel beater around for the last few weeks, it was a revelation getting back into the S

Don't sell it, drive Chris' Clio (? - I'm sure it's not a 'shit heap' but.... ) around for a few days and you will then fully appreciate how good a car the S really is
I'd agree with this, get a beater for communting, come the weekend the S feels top notch.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:18 AM

Cost is a funny thing.

I sold my S and got my westie for fun and a v6 omega for long journeys/winter/shopping etc. It costs less to run these TWO cars than the S2000.

The main cost difference was insurance and tyres. Insurance
Old 02-05-2005, 05:29 AM

i just bought my self a p rteg mondeo 1.8. for
Old 02-05-2005, 05:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moggy' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:43 AM
At the moment I am driving 170 miles twice a week, 90% on the m/way. This car is absolutely wank on m/ways. I'd arrive at my destination with a buzzing sound in my head, and would find it hard to relax afterwards.

I got sick of it so took the Focus down this week. What a difference-much more relaxing to drive, noise is quiet on m/ways-not a harsh ride.
Two people on here that know the score at least.

Quick Reply: Bored of my S?