UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bored of my S?

Old 02-04-2005, 03:36 PM
JMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CORNER
Old 02-04-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Busamav' date='Feb 4 2005, 06:43 PM
and a ride on my bike a few weeks ago reminded me what fast really is .
yes, but they're so slooooow around corners - I always get held up by them around the TT course where they need the whole width of the road to get around a corner at a decent speed, thus prompting plenty of suicide missions - and you're 10 times more likely to be killed or seriously injured and you can probably double those odds for the 'enthusiast'

each to his own, I suppose
Old 02-04-2005, 07:17 PM
oss

Originally Posted by JimboM' date='Feb 4 2005, 10:18 PM
Dreamer... Bring it North of the Border - this is S country up here!

It's written in tarmac
Old 02-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Beardie' date='Feb 5 2005, 12:30 AM
Never understood why anybody down south bothers buying a performance car. Roads are all crap and filled with traffic.
Unfortunately, I stoutly agree, Iain.

It's the lesser of two evils: crap roads, or a not-so-well paid job?

I'd love to migrate into the Yorkshires or further north...
Old 02-04-2005, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sell it. if thats how you feel, i doubt it will change.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

drive a shit heap for a bit, then get back into the S If that doesnt work, sell it.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:08 AM

I commute from Surrey to Docklands every day in the S and its killing me. Stop start stop start and if you are really lucky you might get up to 30mph. I live 16 miles away from work and in the mornings (if I leave before 7am) it 'only' takes an hour 10 minutes on a good day, coming home again it is anywhere from an hour and half to two hours. I'm the same as Jo - it takes ages to find a good bit of road.

I'm worried its taking the fun out of the S, I'm just not seeing it in the same light. I'm really hoping that come summer it will be back to its normal self.

My solution is a bike. I've done my DAS course and absolutely loved it (excluding dropping a couple of bikes many times). I'm going to use the bike to commute to work and for general playing and the S can go back to being my playtoy.

Using the bike to commute means practically halving the commute time and they are relatively cheap to insure in comparison to cars, and not too bad to maintain. I have found that the urge to mod is far far worse than for cars though!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:25 AM

It's not the car. It's YOUR choice of where you decide to be or job to be in and your mood.

Some are suggesting that 2 hours in a Porche would be less stressful?
Come on. If you want this car, that's it. Why in the world would you want to vTec in conditions that would put you in danger? It's winter and that's it. Calm down, think about your mood and not the car. Change your mood not the car.

But if that doesn't help? I've posted 2 new topics just for Jo and Kate and any lurkers who feel similar here...

NEW MIRACLE MEDICATION

and here ...

URGENT VIRUS NOTICE, For Dreamer

Old 02-05-2005, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kate' date='Feb 5 2005, 09:08 AM
I commute from Surrey to Docklands every day in the S and its killing me. Stop start stop start and if you are really lucky you might get up to 30mph. I live 16 miles away from work and in the mornings (if I leave before 7am) it 'only' takes an hour 10 minutes on a good day, coming home again it is anywhere from an hour and half to two hours. I'm the same as Jo - it takes ages to find a good bit of road.

I'm worried its taking the fun out of the S, I'm just not seeing it in the same light. I'm really hoping that come summer it will be back to its normal self.

My solution is a bike. I've done my DAS course and absolutely loved it (excluding dropping a couple of bikes many times). I'm going to use the bike to commute to work and for general playing and the S can go back to being my playtoy.

Using the bike to commute means practically halving the commute time and they are relatively cheap to insure in comparison to cars, and not too bad to maintain. I have found that the urge to mod is far far worse than for cars though!
Where do you park in the Dockland? In that 6 quid a day car park?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:43 AM

I sympathise Dreamer

I used to live 5 miles from work. I used to enjoy the commute, the roads were busy, but at least it was A roads.

At the moment I am driving 170 miles twice a week, 90% on the m/way. This car is absolutely wank on m/ways. I'd arrive at my destination with a buzzing sound in my head, and would find it hard to relax afterwards.

I got sick of it so took the Focus down this week. What a difference-much more relaxing to drive, noise is quiet on m/ways-not a harsh ride.

I got back last night and took the S round some twisties-was good fun. Got me thinking that I should take it on the track more.

I think PL mentioned getting an older S and a "beater". That might not be a bad idea. I'd consider this but don't have the room for 3 cars.

At the end of the day it's only a car-change it, get another, if you don't like the change, change it back

Quick Reply: Bored of my S?